Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Overrated Stat Compiling QB
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Tony Romo
Philip Rivers
View Results

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is this where we bring up Cam Newton and his rushing stats? Perhaps in 10 years a Lamar Jackson? lol

My vote is Brees and then Rodgers. Even if they have 1 ring, they have had all the opportunity and dedication to build teams around them in the world and they can't do it justice.

I give Romo a pass, put him on the Saints and he gets 3+ rings.

I don't even know if Rivers has compiled enough points to be a stat compiler and he's not on the same level as the others. He had a chance but the Chargers opted to poo poo the bed against Brady.

Matt Ryan has 28-3....

I think Stafford is a never has been but that's also because he's on the Lions. Hopefully Deshaun has a better future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I guess Rivers, but Romo has a good argument. The other two have rings which means their stats are by definition, not overrated loser qb stats.

Brees cheated, ring argument invalid

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gatts posted:

I give Romo a pass, put him on the Saints and he gets 3+ rings.

Romo struggling in vain to outscore his terrible defense is not a problem that would have been solved by putting him on the Saints.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Romo struggling in vain to outscore his terrible defense is not a problem that would have been solved by putting him on the Saints.

At least he would have been freed from Jason Garrett

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Have people already forgotten the early 10s saints defenses? Like I swear, I already watched them the first time, don't make me watch them again!!!!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yes apparently I have forgotten the Saints defense

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Put Romo on the Vikings.

He might have one a ring or two.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Put Romo on the Vikings.

He might have one a ring or two.

He would not

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Not even Tom Brady could win a ring for the Vikings or Lions

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The problem with inserting Romo or Rivers on to other teams is that they're still both bad QBs and would not win on those teams either

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

The problem with inserting Romo or Rivers on to other teams is that they're still both bad QBs and would not win on those teams either

Mods??!!! MODS!!??? MOOOOODDDDSSS??!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gatts posted:

Mods??!!! MODS!!??? MOOOOODDDDSSS??!!

Daltos has been committed to this bit for 16 years

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

*Jennifer Lawrence at the end of that one Hunger Game movie* you're a liar

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
If a bad quarterback goes to a bad team I think the result would be: losing

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'd watch a youtube compilation of AARON RODGERS TOP TEN SICKEST PLAYS, but I wouldn't for the others, so they are bad.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Windmill Hut posted:

I'd watch a youtube compilation of AARON RODGERS TOP TEN SICKEST PLAYS, but I wouldn't for the others, so they are bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k5C1ycsVnQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

booooooriiiiiiiiiing

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The true answer is Joe Montana. Goes to a team with a brilliant new coach with a new short passing offensive system that no one knew how to defend and who also is by far the best talent evaluator of his era so the rest of the team is completely packed with quality at every position. Proceeds to throw easy crossing pattern throws to wide open receivers for a decade while the receiver does all the work getting 20 yards after the catch. Becomes a media darling and takes all the credit that rightfully belonged to Walsh. By the time the NFL had figured out how to defend a competent WCO, he was winding down.

What I’m saying is that Steve Young was three times the QB that Montana ever was.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

predicto posted:

The true answer is Joe Montana. Goes to a team with a brilliant new coach with a new short passing offensive system that no one knew how to defend and who also is by far the best talent evaluator of his era so the rest of the team is completely packed with quality at every position. Proceeds to throw easy crossing pattern throws to wide open receivers for a decade while the receiver does all the work getting 20 yards after the catch. Becomes a media darling and takes all the credit that rightfully belonged to Walsh. By the time the NFL had figured out how to defend a competent WCO, he was winding down.

What I’m saying is that Steve Young was three times the QB that Montana ever was.

A half dead Montana nearly dragged the Chiefs to a Super Bowl (and probably would have, if Buffalo hadn't concussed the hell out of him) despite playing Martyball and his leading WRs being Willie Davis and JJ Birden.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Would it be wrong to add Ben for the running in this?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

achillesforever6 posted:

Yes

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

no

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

The league doesn't like it when you say what stats he piled up.

"That was a long time ago he has a wife and a sandwich now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Matthew Stafford running McVay's offense. We're gonna see some stats compiled.