Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alright 3 days to stalk the transfer list for the last couple of missing pieces..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

If someone wants someone to protect you from the reds under the bed, I've found your man:

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

You sons of bitches, I'm in. Signed up as "Nerds of Prey". It doesn't look like this game has changed much, which is a good thing. I almost regret immediately splurging on a 17/4 forward but I'm sure he'll end up pretty decent. Although judging from the rest of my team at the moment, those funds could have been used elsewhere...

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Nerds of Prey gets a sweet 19/6 welcoming gift out of the academy. That dude's gotta be worth as much as the starting budget

Rapner
May 7, 2013

tomanton posted:

Nerds of Prey gets a sweet 19/6 welcoming gift out of the academy. That dude's gotta be worth as much as the starting budget

Oof with 3 SQs as well. Cool, long passes and quick.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Rapner posted:

Oof with 3 SQs as well. Cool, long passes and quick.

:getin:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
I trashed my 19/3 that I paid 300k for

Rapner
May 7, 2013

What the actual gently caress. Edit: I think we found the S1 shower soaping candidate

Rapner fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 10, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Rapner posted:

What the actual gently caress. Edit: I think we found the S1 shower soaping candidate

You have my bar

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I've already managed to go into debt within like six hours, a new personal best

Rapner
May 7, 2013

tomanton posted:

I've already managed to go into debt within like six hours, a new personal best

You can go into debt? I'm playing this game all wrong.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Joined in. No idea how to play socco...football, no idea what I'm doing. I'm confused but I'm clicking all the buttons.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I dunno about anyone else but my plan is "suck at first while amassing soccerbux, then try to assemble a good team"

past history demonstrates that I will at least succeed at the first part

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover

Rapner posted:

I have done a terrible thing and spammed everyone's PMs on the old thread. Hence we should see a spurt of activity. :11tea:

You bastard. Well, I'm here now. Spam works apparently.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Rapner posted:

I have done a terrible thing and spammed everyone's PMs on the old thread. Hence we should see a spurt of activity. :11tea:

Uzh posted:

You bastard. Well, I'm here now. Spam works apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I overbought midfielder prospects by one because I forgot that there is a delay between bids closing and players transferring, but otherwise I think the team is taking shape with a little money left in the bank for form training.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I know 26 is the optimal team age (and I assume you want both attack and defence individually close to that too), but where do penalties kick in? Is being between 25 and 27 good enough to get the full boost? And how important a boost is it?

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Masonity posted:

I know 26 is the optimal team age (and I assume you want both attack and defence individually close to that too), but where do penalties kick in? Is being between 25 and 27 good enough to get the full boost? And how important a boost is it?

This is the closest they come to actually quantifying it:

Examples:
Average age / Performance
20 / 80%
25 / 99%
29 / 99%
33 / 80%

Average age / Assimilation of match experience
20 / 80%
25 / 99%
29 / 99%
33 / 80%

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Nephzinho posted:

I overbought midfielder prospects by one because I forgot that there is a delay between bids closing and players transferring, but otherwise I think the team is taking shape with a little money left in the bank for form training.

Same, I definitely got some decent enough prospects. I forgot about the age penalty so I gotta bargain hunt some olds to mentor along the kids. I remember last time I had a solid defense but garbage forwards, so I want to try the opposite approach this time :v:

Honking Goose FC is down for a friendly this week, btw.

Edit: Friendly spot taken!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 10, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Regardless of the optimal age thing I think it's important to get a few old ringers in for the short term and to ensure your young'ins get the benefit of playing in a team that doesn't lose every match and keep their form up. Seems to be a rough price correlation for 30+/8s and 18/4s and 19/5s too so it kinda works out. Although of course the older players will rarely need training unless their form is completely disastrous.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sent out a few friendly challenges. Check yo poo poo.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Is one of you lot 'ForeverBWFC'? We are getting a few pubbies

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Rapner posted:

Is one of you lot 'ForeverBWFC'? We are getting a few pubbies

Yup!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Holy poo poo!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How much money is soaping again? Asking for a friend.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Soaping costs 250k and has a 75% chance of failure. Gusztáv already looks like a young Mr. Clean so I guess this is his destiny.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Pretty sure in the last thread someone managed to soap and injure a star player before the first season even started.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I’ll be pushing the button in a few hours, if you haven’t made your team yet get on it

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

tomanton posted:

Pretty sure in the last thread someone managed to soap and injure a star player before the first season even started.

My favourite was the end of the league prior which had an elimination playoff - and naturally all those eliminated teams with nothing else to do were just selling players to buy more soap for the finals.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Destrado posted:

My favourite was the end of the league prior which had an elimination playoff - and naturally all those eliminated teams with nothing else to do were just selling players to buy more soap for the finals.

*This cannot be proven and is pure conjecture.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The league is now live.

Initial divisions and next matches

Serie Goon

Retu Nagele A

Retu Nagele B

Retu Nagele C

Don't sweat the promotion/relegation structure, it will go away after this first placement league.

Edit:

Looks like I wrote this too early (hey, it's Friday in Australia ok) but at least I can share it here:

NIC up poo poo creek against Poop FC
"gently caress, we're really up poo poo creek in a barbed wire canoe" mumbled Norfolk-in-Chance manager RapnerSA as he looked at the new fixtures for the Serie Goon season 1.

"The team is still crapped out old sunday leaguers. We just bought in a few somewhat skilled lovely old gaffers to balance things out. And a couple of kids who still need their bums wiped for them", the NIC manager griped.

"They're going to come over here and drop a deuce of goals in our nets, what with our defence being what it is. We won't even be able to poke a turtle's head out!"

Rapner fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 12, 2021

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
First and last time I’ll be top of the league

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
For everyone not familiar with the game, set some default tactics in the tactics screen for when you inevitably forget on a future game day!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Some of y'all really wanna blow your wad on Henrich Baumann the 32/10, eh?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is Sunday still the best day to order form training? I forget how that hits.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Is Sunday still the best day to order form training? I forget how that hits.

It takes 5 days so you want to plan for it to end the day before a match so random events can’t hurt you. Can run a rotation between your two weekly matches to keep that schedule while getting your weekly money and training everyone you need to.

Also for end of season you want it to hit day after your change report does to keep your average up.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Subliminal Ninja posted:

It takes 5 days so you want to plan for it to end the day before a match so random events can’t hurt you. Can run a rotation between your two weekly matches to keep that schedule while getting your weekly money and training everyone you need to.

Also for end of season you want it to hit day after your change report does to keep your average up.

Okay so say we want to hit form training for right before the Thursday game, we would want to order on Friday or Saturday. I forget exactly how it counts days/when things land.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Okay so say we want to hit form training for right before the Thursday game, we would want to order on Friday or Saturday. I forget exactly how it counts days/when things land.

I think day of order is day one, so you want D+4 to be day before game. So for a Thursday game you should order on Saturday.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I think day of order is day one, so you want D+4 to be day before game. So for a Thursday game you should order on Saturday.

Right I couldn't remember if it was D+4 or D+5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
https://imgur.com/2xGzD4D

I got this lad who looks quite good to my newbie eye, and Discord seems to agree.

How do I avoid screwing him up with his training and progression?