Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and the difference would be............
the la pen vs macron gambit~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
gently caress diane feinstein and gently caress this dumb state who keeps putting a 99 year old conservative ghoul in power

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your movies suck now and your tech companies are bullshit

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Ammanas posted:

gavin being recalled means a more right wing oval office gets into the gov. its a loving ploy by the otherwise powerless gop. the exact same thing happened to Davis

lmao we are getting Governor Musk and this state will be ash

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Like, this is in no way a defense of noted shithead Gavin Newsom, but it actually is possible to be way worse then him. I don't like the state or the people in it any more then anyone else in the thread, but I still prefer a governor who is 'merely' callously indifferent to human life to one who goes full Rick Snyder and actively tries to slaughter as many of their citizens as they can get away with.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what a profoundly dumb thing to say

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

puve posted:

Your movies suck now and your tech companies are bullshit

Tell us about the tacos where you live.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldn't wipe my rear end with your "tacos"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

actively tries to slaughter as many of their citizens as they can get away with.

what do you think currently re-opening is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spoiler: both parties want you to die for the glory of number

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Big companies are going to push for any candidate they want to win. Tech is mad at Brown and Newsom over all sorts of things. The next governor is going to proclaim to be a proud icon of rainbow capitalism or just plain old capitalism.

The Democrats aren’t going to push for a leftist. Period.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

thats because california isnt a leftist state.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ammanas posted:

thats because california isnt a leftist state.
Reminder that 2020 prop results were absolutely disasterous and embarrassing all around for the state. just absolute dog-poo poo awfulness.

- a prop that guts worker rights (destroying AB3) and enshrining neo feudal gig "independent contractor" work passed 70/30 bc all the dipshit whites want their $6 uber ride to the latest hip-upscale farm2table bar to slam down $20 shots of a gin n tonic. very epic win for JOBS!! and FREEDOM!!

- a prop that would have let voters 17 years old vote in the primary if they turned 18 by the general election went down in flames 45/55 because gently caress young people. good gently caress zoomers. 17 years SHOULD NOT VOTE. infact we should remove voting rights for anyone under 65, they clearly dont know whats good for them

- a prop that did a very lite repeal of prop 13 tax freeze only for commercial property that would mostly affect the likes of disneyland and fund schools failed 48/52 because we love 1960 tax rates on trillions of dollars of property. Corporate land owners preserving their god-ordained 1960s tax rate of $1 a year. they worked hard for those locked in tax rates. disney would have to RAISE ticket prices if they had to pay their real value! NO GOOD!

- a prop that would let baby bombers move their 1960 tax-rate house to anywhere in state giving a big handout to real estate agents passed 60/40. big win for all hard working baby bombers protecting their tax value to move anywhere they want! and real estate agents earning a fat commission that they worked hard for

- a prop that would have done a very minor repeal of rent control restrictions (Costa-Hawkins) that would have let cities enact more stricter rent control (if they wanted!) went down in flames 40/60. landlords defeated evil rent controls trying to take away their hard earned money! rents are greedy parasites anyways good gently caress renters.

- a prop to cut down on for-profit dialysis clinic vileness and make them more safe went down in flames 35/65 like lmao. Devita Dialysis Corporate preserving their shareholder profit dividend payouts. regulations BAD for consumer, bad for profit! very good win here!

- congress and the governor successfully signed a bill into law that abolished cash bail and requiredthat all misdemeanor peoples immediately released (SB10) and would have made a massive boost to poor poc people. Immediately after big parasitic bail money said NO and spent $$$ punting it to the ballot imitative to get flamed out 45/55. bad no good legislature tried to abolish cash bail, smarmy gavin even signed it into law, but we said NO! bail bonds industry preserving cash bail for another decade and keeping those evil dirty urban feral criminals locked off and out of the suburbs. if they didnt want to pay bail they shouldnt have done a crime! SAFE STREETS NOW. Californians love when big money destroys laws they don't like because it puts those darned urban ferals in their place -signed "a leftist".

that was just in 2020 alone hahahahaha

the previous a year a bill that would have capped prescription drug prices to the max taht the Office of VA charges went down in flames 30/70, not even loving close we love our for-profit health care industry folks. best in the world.

not to mention prop 8 lmao. embarrassing ya'll. this state is dumb as rocks

e: phone posting fixes

Xaris has issued a correction as of 04:10 on Jan 26, 2021

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

the important thing to remember about california is that its full of americans

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Wow! Governor Musk!

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

I'm from California and I say kill em us all!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

lmao we are getting Governor Musk and this state will be ash

Looks like it'll be this guy

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1354104976457355265

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
CA is example #1 of the dems being totally unable to govern. they've had total control of the state for 10 yeras and havent fixed a single one of its many many crises. in fact they've all gotten worse. makes me loving sick to see my home state doing so horribly. I'm just glad witnessing it turned me into a communist rather than some dip poo poo right winger

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mirello posted:

CA is example #1 of the dems being totally unable to govern. they've had total control of the state for 10 yeras and havent fixed a single one of its many many crises. in fact they've all gotten worse. makes me loving sick to see my home state doing so horribly. I'm just glad witnessing it turned me into a communist rather than some dip poo poo right winger

correct. although to be fair half the (D)s are just republicans that realize the (R) logo is persona-non-grata like Steven Glazer whose a massively giant piece of poo poo. a whole lot of (D)'s that are basically racist white-flight suburban fygmy given flesh, like contra costa county and most of socal region and all that fun stuff

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lol my friends from LA moved to Portland. Id always heard about how good the biking and public transportation is there and when I asked them about it they said the city gave them a pamphlet about it but they still drive everywhere anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

titty_baby_ posted:

Lol my friends from LA moved to Portland. Id always heard about how good the biking and public transportation is there and when I asked them about it they said the city gave them a pamphlet about it but they still drive everywhere anyway

~california dreaming~

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

im not riding a bike in a place that rains 45% of the year sorry

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Xaris posted:

Reminder that 2020 prop results were absolutely disasterous and embarrassing all around for the state. just absolute dog-poo poo awfulness.

- a prop to cut down on for-profit dialysis clinic vileness and make them more safe went down in flames 35/65 like lmao. Devita Dialysis Corporate preserving their shareholder profit dividend payouts. regulations BAD for consumer, bad for profit! very good win here!

I heard another take on the dialysis one was that it was a push to raise the price of dialysis (forcing clinics to always have a doctor on hand)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Portland doesn't rain thaaat much and is actually kind of warm in the summer. I live in a part of California that rains more then Portland nd doesn't get as warm and a shidload of people ride bikes here

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

titty_baby_ posted:

Ironically I just moved to Portland and I've used my car twice in 7 weeks, both times to move things that would be awkward to take on public transit.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Mayor Dave posted:

Ironically I just moved to Portland and I've used my car twice in 7 weeks, both times to move things that would be awkward to take on public transit.

In true LA fashion my friends only lived in the city for a year or two and then purchased an overpriced house in a suburb a half hour away, where they now drive even more

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

titty_baby_ posted:

In true LA fashion my friends only lived in the city for a year or two and then purchased an overpriced house in a suburb a half hour away, where they now drive even more

Lmfao what's even the point

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
this is by far the dumbest state to live in, it has left me to die multiple times

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm just gonna get this out of the way before I continue posting in this thread: I'm from between fresno and Bakersfield, so I can say I've lived in the worst part of California

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

I'm just gonna get this out of the way before I continue posting in this thread: I'm from between fresno and Bakersfield, so I can say I've lived in the worst part of California

kingsburg?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

titty_baby_ posted:

Good indian food out there at least.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

titty_baby_ posted:

Barstow erasure

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
actuallyy the worst part is San Francisco followed by LA followed by SD followed by Sac. sorry i didn't make the rules

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Close enuf. And true on the Indian food, and Mexican food, and surprisingly even tje Chinese food

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Xaris posted:

actuallyy the worst part is San Francisco. sorry i didn't make the rules

My goal as a teen was to live in SF because it seemed so cool and had nice weather, and then I saw the prices of rent + realized I like it less crowded

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
send all doughy white wisconsinite transplants back to wisconsin

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Went 2 fresno for a week 4 xmas and it was somehow dry and foggy at the same time. Everything had this haze and it was cold and the air stunk and my lips chapped.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Close enuf. And true on the Indian food, and Mexican food, and surprisingly even tje Chinese food

lol, i had to make a delivery to kingsburg once and was stunned to find little stockholm in the rear end end of the valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

titty_baby_ posted:

Went 2 fresno for a week 4 xmas and it was somehow dry and foggy at the same time. Everything had this haze and it was cold and the air stunk and my lips chapped.

Yeah, that's how agricultural valleys work