Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol, i had to make a delivery to kingsburg once and was stunned to find little stockholm in the rear end end of the valley

It was weird the 1st time.i went there for work and saw that. Tho the valley does have these little ethnic enclaves. Where im from it seemed like everyone was portugese and they would say stuff like "im not white, im portugese. I go to the feshta at Pismo Beach. Half the class is my cousins" and then they'd chug a monster energy drink and burn out in a lifted truck on their way back to the dairy they live on

Lotta Dutch chuds too

titty_baby_ has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Maximo Roboto posted:

Yeah, that's how agricultural valleys work

I know, I grew up there, I just wanted to talk poo poo on fresno

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Xaris posted:

send all doughy white wisconsinite transplants back to wisconsin

you cant send all the tech industry workers back to the midwest, you cant just free a city from the burdens of morons, what is wrong with you?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Xaris posted:

send all doughy white wisconsinite transplants back to wisconsin

Expel all New Yorkers and Midwesterners.

Rent goes down, burritos get better, bing bong.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Bideo James posted:

you cant send all the tech industry workers back to the midwest, you cant just free a city from the burdens of morons, what is wrong with you?

saw a thing about how SF may end up like Detroit due to everyone leaving the bay because companies realized people can work remotely and don't have to reside around silicon Valley, but the article made it seem like it'd be a bad thing??

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zisky posted:

Expel all New Yorkers
lmao that reminds me ~boutique bagels~ have loving exploded here the past couple of years with giant lines of people waiting to get $3-$5 plain bagels. there was one bagel thing out in temesecal that had a line around the corner up to temesecal alley for $10 bagel wqith cream cheese. a ton of boutique homespun bagels like bolscheviks, hella bagels, and some other stuff have cropped up just to massive waits and prices.

i blame new yorkers

Zisky
May 6, 2003

That sounds like temescal...is bakesale betty still around? I would wait in line for that.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Jan 26, 2021

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Any1 getting hosed by the storm yet? Its pretty windy and rainy where I am and will be for the next week, but thats like a normal storm here. Where my parents are my weather app keeps saying between 5-7 inches of rain over the next 2 days (half their yearly rain) and im like guys i hope u don't plan on leaving ur house for a bit

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Not sure if this is a big joke, but here's more info about him

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1354116994560233472
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1354126997677477888

His Social Capital fund and the anti-bailout CNBC rant kinda shows he's going for the a low-key "friend of the people" socially conscious business vibe

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Xaris posted:

lmao that reminds me ~boutique bagels~ have loving exploded here the past couple of years with giant lines of people waiting to get $3-$5 plain bagels. there was one bagel thing out in temesecal that had a line around the corner up to temesecal alley for $10 bagel wqith cream cheese. a ton of boutique homespun bagels like bolscheviks, hella bagels, and some other stuff have cropped up just to massive waits and prices.

i blame new yorkers

i blame idiots not for making them good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNXxc0ndUg

lmao the usa has the dumbest laws about serving food

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Maximo Roboto posted:

His Social Capital fund and the anti-bailout CNBC rant kinda shows he's going for the a low-key "friend of the people" socially conscious business vibe

That first tile in his platform seems like an extreme laffer curve argument: if we cut taxes to zero we'll double state revenue!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zisky posted:

That sounds like temescal...is bakesale betty still around? I would wait in line for that.

yeah they're doing outdoor sales last i saw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bideo James posted:

i blame idiots not for making them good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNXxc0ndUg

lmao the usa has the dumbest laws about serving food

those are donuts

(ngl they look really loving good)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Maximo Roboto posted:

Some of it seems cool but lmfao at 0% taxes. It seems like he's taking a "cut taxes to nothing" to attract business, and I can't help but feel its a gift for himself

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
his entire platform will destroy what’s left of public education in the state lol

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Xaris posted:

those are donuts

(ngl they look really loving good)

youre telling me the bagels in bagel heaven are all donuts? people werent resurrected from the dead, this is christian hell!

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

my buddy text me that the stay at home was rescinded. I live in the Central Valley, I don’t think these people even knew there was a lockdown.

a lot of covid deniers I know are losing family members now. they still bitch about masks.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ChikoDemono posted:

my buddy text me that the stay at home was rescinded. I live in the Central Valley, I don’t think these people even knew there was a lockdown.

a lot of covid deniers I know are losing family members now. they still bitch about masks.

Sounds about right for the valley. Republicans, crazy asthma rates, and a disregard for the lives of produce workers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

titty_baby_ posted:

Some of it seems cool but lmfao at 0% taxes. It seems like he's taking a "cut taxes to nothing" to attract business, and I can't help but feel its a gift for himself

What's the point of attracting businesses if they don't generate funds for the state?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Maybe he's got an epic secret plan to destroy Prop 13 and fund all his other stuff through property taxes, but yeah lol idk

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
now if he said abolish sales tax to 0% i'd be right onboard

of course chuds and libs never talk about how awful sales tax is because they both love it. gently caress libs. its walys big gubbmint stealing hard earned dollars

gently caress off and abolish sales tax you fuckers

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

as best I can tell he wants no state income tax, he’s definitely a Silicon Valley techno-feudalist

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

titty_baby_ posted:

Any1 getting hosed by the storm yet? Its pretty windy and rainy where I am and will be for the next week, but thats like a normal storm here. Where my parents are my weather app keeps saying between 5-7 inches of rain over the next 2 days (half their yearly rain) and im like guys i hope u don't plan on leaving ur house for a bit

yeah it's loving with the power and internet like crazy where I am. I'll totally take that in exchange for the possibility of not having half the county burn down this summer. hope it rains like this until spring

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

pandy fackler posted:

yeah it's loving with the power and internet like crazy where I am. I'll totally take that in exchange for the possibility of not having half the county burn down this summer. hope it rains like this until spring

Yeah same here, there's been outages all over the county and 30mph winds. My place is fine tho. It seems like our winter rain is starting later and later but also going later into summer, which is alright (up here, not much snowpack anywah) but not good for the almond farmers lol

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
not going to lie, the bottom of the valley down in the tulare-buena vista end can be hauntingly beautiful on a winter day on the shoulders of a storm, with wispy ground fog and telephone poles, clear views to the mountains, and huge big clouds in a huge big sky at dusk

and buck owens' radio station out of bakersfield slaps

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Greg12 posted:

and buck owens' radio station out of bakersfield slaps

Bakersfield country music is such a cool vibe and the perfect soundtrack when you're driving on the 99.

Also gently caress driving on the 99.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

70mph winds tonight up in these foothills

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
meh 99 is fine wherever it’s three lanes

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
as i've said many times, i love california with all my heart and it just makes its many shortcomings hurt that much more

there's no other place on earth that has the natural beauty that california does

one of my favorite drives ever was when the grapevine was closed due to snow and i had to go from LA to the bay area and so i drove east around the mountains and through mojave. the desert was an incredible sight and the tehachapi pass was stunning

this is one of my bucket list sights: https://californiathroughmylens.com/goat-canyon-trestle

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bideo James posted:

getting wind pretty hard here now. not as bad as it was a couple of weekends ago. sadly not much rain??? sucks bnecause i love rain and most of my fond memories are all rain-related

i have a feeling this ~big storm~ is gunna be a wet fart

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bideo James posted:

time to put a sail on your car

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cant wait for climate change to ravage us that all the loving rich people leave tbh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its snowing at like 2600 feet right now lol. Not sticking tho

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Yeah got snow here pretty low too with crazy winds. Its supposed to rain 7 inches in 2 days at my parents abd I'm glad they live on a hill

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DROUGHTS OVER MOTHERFUCKERS

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lol I just remembered hearing about how retarded water rights in this state are and how there was some instance where San Diego water suppliers (dunno if it was the city, the district, a private company, idk) wanted to have tug boats with huge balloons parked at the outflow of some northern rivers to fill up the balloons with our turbid rear end water and tow them back down to San Diego. Like they were literally looking at legal ways to wrangle the water rights to the rivers to do that. Its Cadillac desert status.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

gonna own when all the snow melts in a week time filling the entire california basin and creating cool pristine ARIZONA BAY heyyyyyyyyyyyyy just a little bill hicks reference (he was right)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I worked on almond orchards in the westlands water district (west fresno county) that had water that was piped all the way from the trinity River, which is the biggest tributary to the Klamath which starts in Oregon. Its the longest irrigation project in the world, just to bail out some farmland owned by international ag conglomerates who want to farm in the loving desert. But we need MORE DAMS and WATER GROWS FOOD guys!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Bideo James posted:

gonna own when all the snow melts in a week time filling the entire california basin and creating cool pristine ARIZONA BAY heyyyyyyyyyyyyy just a little bill hicks reference (he was right)

The south central valley used to have the largest lake by surface area west of the Mississippi. It was big enough that it supported a turtle fishery going to San fransisco. The south valley used to be this huge verdant marsh full of fish and elk and bears and oaks, and the settlers in there infinite wisdom just diverted all the water for ag and now its a loving dustbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

i would blast cigs with this lady on a water board at a building i did security at next to the state capitol

she was an absolutely gorgeous and vile woman. just ruthless and mean and married.