Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Wow! Governor Musk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The recall is still going to roll on because Newsom definitely is going to piss off his base and we're going to have a repeat in 2003 with everyone in Hollywood and Big Tech running for governor.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Arnold wasn't that good but goddamn did he crush Tom McClintock's heart and threw it off the stage.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Zisky posted:

Brunchsuccs will never turn on Newsom.

Retired angry boomers and disgruntled lower class workers have more motivation to vote than succlibs.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

bawfuls posted:

it was a wasted opportunity to vote for some much funnier candidate

Gary Coleman. Imagine.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i hate this state and hope gavin gets recalled

:same:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Ammanas posted:

gavin being recalled means a more right wing oval office gets into the gov. its a loving ploy by the otherwise powerless gop. the exact same thing happened to Davis

lmao we are getting Governor Musk and this state will be ash

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

spoiler: both parties want you to die for the glory of number

Big companies are going to push for any candidate they want to win. Tech is mad at Brown and Newsom over all sorts of things. The next governor is going to proclaim to be a proud icon of rainbow capitalism or just plain old capitalism.

The Democrats aren’t going to push for a leftist. Period.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I hope another celebrity wins and makes a Republican politician cry again

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

titty_baby_ posted:

What if the celebrity is a republican politician?

Wow, Governor Musk!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I would gladly dunk on Peter every day even if he sues me to homelessness.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe this will save his lovely poll numbers

Until another wildfire happens from the same stupid privatization bullshit.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

jetz0r posted:

https://twitter.com/CAL_FIRE/status/1389988548296671234

Stock up on air filters, respirators, and replacement filters now.

:rip:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Gavin doing what Trump couldn't lol

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1391813417409732609

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Xaris posted:

although i had high hopes months ago, its looking like gavin will not be recalled.

California is on the verge of a crisis with the current heatwave so power failure and wildfires are essentially the Republicans' last hope

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Smythe posted:

tag yourself: im the coworker who side-eyes you for running the water 1 nanosecond too long to wash a fork. think of the drought dude. gently caress sakes.

I'm the guy that yells at neighbors for letting their hose run unattended while on my way to a golf course.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

shellfish freak me out. “here eat this thing that filters poo poo out of water and eat it raw”. gently caress you

I swear every friend of mine who has had mussels has gotten severe food poisoning out of it at least once.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

he probably won't get recalled because all the options are worse yeah. newsome sucks rear end but it's not like there's anyone good to replace him with lol.

Newsom would be recalled on a whim based on fires or homelessness (not Covid because people don’t care) and the new governor wouldn’t do anything about either.

I still think it’s hilarious that Jenner ran on wanting things reopened and poo poo was already reopened a month ago

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao of course it's in Orange County

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Maximo Roboto posted:

What if there's a need for a second lockdown because the delta wave hits critical mass, but Newsom doesn't call it because of recall political considerations.

We're never locking down again because that poo poo was what got Newsom recalled in the first place.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The whole vote is down to Newsom even having a faithful turnout. Republicans will always steamroll Democrats in turnouts.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

bag em and tag em posted:

Well luckily republicans are also very stupid so it's just a matter of which side doesn't manage to shoot their own dick off

I don't know how Newsom can't unless COVID actually struck Elder and Cox.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Newsom is at a lose-lose with Republican propaganda concerning his handling of COVID. He will be blamed for the rampant COVID cases in the next month (and he deserves it) because he played chicken with a car, jumped and still got hit as the car swerved at him. Elder won’t do poo poo about COVID because he thinks vaccines should be a choice and gets prisoners to dig the mass graves with a wage cut.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Xaris posted:

the entire democrat party's strategy over the recall is to frame it as evil racist antivax unwoke chud GOP trying to unfairly tear down poor widdle marginalized impoverished gavin

I mean the recall was literally started as a response to the lockdown so they are half right

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao Newsom has nothing. Even with the lockdown he floundered in the COVID response. He looked like he had a chance a couple months ago but Delta will kill him.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

if gavin loses it may be even funnier than when hillary lost

Honestly yeah because they prevented other Dems from running.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

California counties are going into lockdown but not under Newsom's order. lmao when he still gets blamed for them in a last-minute attempt to fuel the recall

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

john cox's campaign rules because he's constantly upstaged by the various props he uses

Calling Newsom Beauty and the bear Beast was pretty dumb because those two gently caress in the end.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

jetz0r posted:

lol, cox got served a subpoena during the gop debate
https://twitter.com/LATSeema/status/1427803566144589824

Elder will get a majority vote in the recall suggestions so who is to say if the CA recall voting system is bad or not

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Doesn’t voting No on the recall and then for any candidates invalidate the second question or the ballot as a whole? Because lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Newsom will poll like 2% at a primary. Even Cuomo would do better possibly even after his sex offense allegations

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Right now it’s a coinflip between Elder and Newsom. Newsom won’t get a gap again unless libs are really scared of what they are seeing with red states and COVID (they don’t care because brunch is back). None of this matters when Musk decides to run in the next governor election because he has a base of tech libs and SNL-watching moms and Florida business goes belly-up.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Ammanas posted:

man elders tv commercial fuckin sucks he sounds a lot like trump

Given Newsom's ads are about how Trump Trump Trump, that may actually impact Elder significantly for the worse lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Last month at work, a customer asked me about the recall. I didn't care because I'm not voting. He asked about Elder and I told him he sucked because of his opinions of the minimum wage. Then he told me 'Well it might motivate people to get a better job.' lmao gently caress off, shithead

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Wow! Governor Elder!

https://twitter.com/MizCakes36/status/1428231691391299591

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

This dude is so dumb he might actually fall into the shoebox and stick trap Newsom set up with the ads showing how Trump is spooky and wants the recall.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao the thin brain line

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Host of a lovely entertainment show. This feels oddly familiar.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The funniest thing would be Elder winning and voters immediately get buyer's remorse and vote him out in 2022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Basic Poster posted:

lmao if true that the african american AM radio blowhard wins the seat.

He'll probably win but him winning 2022 would be hilarious.