Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Didn’t get to play the new map last night but shoutout to the horrible squad I was in last night on St Marie Du Mont.

We’d be fighting over the middle point back and forth but no one was building garrisons. Our squad lead never talked at all except once when I asked him by name to build an OP and he corrected me that I pronounced his name wrong. We had two squads multiple times at the final enemy cap point even though we weren’t that far up and of course there is no way to cap that point. Just a completely poo poo game and a waste of 90 minutes.

And you may be asking yourself, but why don’t you just become an officer in your own squad. Well selfishly I’m trying to grind a few other classes myself. I often switch to officer because no one wants to. I’m level 66 and my officer class is Level 6 and about to cross into 7. But some of my others like anti tank and engineer are still 2.

I’ve become a bit of a curmudgeon in games lately but it’s simply because there are a few basics that not only help your team win but just make losing slightly less painful. Namely getting a row of defensive garrisons down early. It’s just weird when you have an officer on your team who was something like level 45 so they’re clearly not new to the game just not doing anything and literally acting exasperated when you just ask them to put an OP down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
On gamepass and I get a network connection error whenever I boot the game after the newest update. Found one post online with something similar but still havnt resolved the issue. Reinstalled game, checked firewall setting, flushed dns and pinged the servers. Any tips? I might just bite the bullet and buy it on steam but I'm not sure if gamepass is really the issue.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Ever since the update, the team chat usually has a few fellows that can’t turn off the server messages until you go into the score menu and click the “y” next to the Yes option.

Nice update boys.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Sockington posted:

Ever since the update, the team chat usually has a few fellows that can’t turn off the server messages until you go into the score menu and click the “y” next to the Yes option.

Nice update boys.

Yeah that happened to me and it took me way too long to figure it out (even when the server message itself even said “CLICK ON THE Y”)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I really like the new map. The foliage makes it a camper paradise but overall I’ve enjoyed the matches I’ve had on it.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
That's the part I like the least. You need grenadiers to clear out fields that hold little importance and there's always some dude sitting way off watching. I have had fun assaulting the middle point on the hill with a lot of explosives, but not a lot of fun defending it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I had a horrible game on it. Getting killed nonstop from locations I couldn’t see. But I just like that it’s a change of pace from the wide open field maps.

Also my team lost yesterday but I had maybe the best recon game of my life. Me and a buddy were just non stop taking down the enemy nodes and garrisons. And I was spotting and my friend was hitting everything. It was beautiful.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I had a really good machine gunner game last night. I wish Machine Gun had like, one more class level after 3 to grind because I just love playing machine gunner. Got a 275m head shot plunking at guys from across a field.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I had the luckiest moment I’ve ever had in this game: Night match on one of the Normandy maps, hunting for a OP, I see some guys coming toward me, and I basically swing my Thompson and land three head shots in a row from the same mag dump. The headshot pings that fast were hilarious and the other guy in my squad that was close by went “holy poo poo” while I was just cackling. Then the 4th German shot me as I was reloading but my squad mate got him and the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

fartknocker posted:

I had the luckiest moment I’ve ever had in this game: Night match on one of the Normandy maps, hunting for a OP, I see some guys coming toward me, and I basically swing my Thompson and land three head shots in a row from the same mag dump. The headshot pings that fast were hilarious and the other guy in my squad that was close by went “holy poo poo” while I was just cackling. Then the 4th German shot me as I was reloading but my squad mate got him and the OP.

It's moments like this that really keep you coming back for more.

My long range machine gunner stuff happened because we were on our back heel and the enemy decided to build an offensive garrison that just happened to be in a pretty open field. I saw that and setup from distance and they just kept trying to spawn there where I'd cut them down.