Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I mentioned it in the other thread, but Wizards and Warriors 3 for the NES is underrated. It tried to do a lot more than it could pull off with an NES cart. It has Metroid-style open levels and a class system, so the game is all about performing quests and finding secrets to unlock the powers you get with new classes to get around more of the map. Unfortunately it's pretty obtuse and has no password or save system, so you were doomed to repeating big stretches of the game again and again if you wanted to ever beat it.

I'm hoping it ends up in the Switch NES games so people can play it with save states. I think it deserves to be rediscovered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuc1E-QEA6U

Edit:

quote:

Upon saving a princess, she asks Kuros to marry her, prompting a yes/no response for the player; if the player selects "no", the princess responds with "If you refuse, my heart will surely break!" and prompts the yes/no response again - similar to the "but thou must" response in Dragon Warrior. In addition, as all three princesses will have committed to marrying all three forms of Kuros, the original plan for the game's ending was for the three princesses to come together and see their heroes whom they were going to marry, only to find out all three princesses promised to marry the same person. To rectify the situation, Pickford called for what he referred to as "the ultimate cheapo cop-out", where a UFO abducts Kuros with a teleport beam, sending him into the future and setting the stage for the next sequel which would have been called Lasersword. However, this never came to be.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU