Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

low key sex master posted:

I'm an Old School Poster (tm), but I gotta say I love how refreshing your transparency is Jeffrey. The drama with [INSERT OLD OWNER'S NAME HERE] is what brought me back to the site, but this sort of up-front stuff is what's keeping me coming back after like nearly a decade in the wilderness

thanks for being cool about this and giving me a place to shitpost that doesn't use my actual name

very much :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

One of the things I remember being really worried about the last time Lowtax was complaining about all his medical issues was what the business continuity plan for the forums was, should Lowtax become too disabled to continue managing things, or if he died. Is there anything like that in place now?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

No but it's on my todo list. I don't honestly have a great answer. If I die, well, it's not acceptable for the forums to go to my disinterested heirs. I wish I had more to tell you but I know this is an issue and I'm not ignoring it.

That's cool, just glad it's on your radar. Wondering now how you'd feel about having some kind of publicly visible project tracking tool going ala Trello so goons would be aware of the status of dev work, to-do's (like business continuity planning), and other improvements without having to ask you or search back through threads? Or maybe that is coming soon in the new tech subforum.