Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CHODEGOD420 posted:

why don't you pull yourself up from your bootstraps. i ain't paying poo poo

And yet you paid to be here in the first place. Curious....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol That this attitude exists after years of Lowtax just sitting around eating cookies and occasionally dropping once a month by to insult users and pimp his lovely, unfunny gaming garbage that no one likes or watches

So loving alien and weird, but thanks Jeff

also lol that Lowtax claimed he was losing money and/or barely breaking even and that the forums cost $3300 or $5000 per month or whatever he said

Servers $1100
CC Fees $522
Goldbelly "Mogul" Tier Patronage Membership $3500
Light-up mechanical keyboard $175

please help my family and forums are dyinf

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I signed up for Lowtax's patreon to support the forums, because I sure as poo poo wasn't watching Gaming Garbage. I'd sign up for another one that was actually keeping the place afloat

I gotta say too that a membership option does give a certain air of sophistication and exclusivity to the place, don't you think? :rackem:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Wait I have an idea:

Require a credit card tied to your account and every post charges a nickel

Bada bing bada boom

So if you post in FYAD you make money?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pontificating rear end posted:

If you need a way to make extra money for the forums, I'll resubmit my idea of 'posting coins'

you buy the coins and then you give them out when posters make funny posts

the coins have no value

That's just reddit gold

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You couldn’t do it past a point in 2038, when the 32 bit Unix clock is out of time.

Y2k38 doesn't have as much of a ring to it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What value is there in knowing what was paid?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

alnilam posted:

I would certainly love to see better image hosting than imgur. We always joke about what classic threads would look like if imgur went under but it truly would be a tragedy. If we do end up with our own image hosting, might also be good to use a script to automatically transfer imgur files over and update the links.

Image hosting might be a tall order though, it's a lot of files especially with the kids these days and their 15 megapixel cameras and their 3 minute gifs

We experienced this once before when waffleimages closed. It legitimately ruined a lot of old content that became mostly irrecoverable and made some posts indecipherable.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Amberpos makes my avatar look real nice

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The app is the best way to view the forums if you don't have a computer to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

AHH F/UGH posted:

The forums seriously has needed a little icon that pops up in the corner whenever you’re quoted that will bring you to the quoted post. That will spur a lot of engagement, which means more active and retained users, which means traffic, which means more revenue for the servers and stuff. Why not done???

Add this but turn it off by default