Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Let me hop on the :bandwagon: and thank Jeffrey for being up front with the site's finances. Lowtax was always implying that SA was teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, and that he was living on tuna sandwiches to keep it afloat. Donate $50 and get this handsome tote bag spaceship JPG!

Here's to another 20 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It's apparent that Lowtax was lying his godddamn pants off about how much he was taking in a month running the forums. Jesus gently caress, Lowtax, how the gently caress do you gently caress up a grift that badly? "oh yeah, let me just piss away a self-sustaining money printer because I can't keep my mouth shut or stay out of the police blotter"

Wait, this is legit? Lowtax was straight up lying when he said the site was on the brink of bankruptcy every month?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Internet Explorer posted:

Oh boy do we have a lot to tell you about

I remember Lowtax kinda implying that the site was about to go under, and that he was bravely digging into his beer money to keep it running. I don't recall him flat-out saying so, although lord knows I've forgotten plenty.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Was he lying about spine surgery too????

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

jeffrey pays us in delicate kisses on the top of our heads for a job well done, we dont get very many kisses

Oooh oooooh me me meeeeeee!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Jeff please install a copy of TradeWars on the somethingawful server and link to it from the main navigation header without fanfare or comment and it will fast grow in legend as the most infamous TW instance ever and draw in a host of envious 40-50 year old huge nerd.

Oh god Trade Wars. The memories that brings back.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Sing Along posted:

Paying for content for the front page seems like a great use of the money. We've had some very talented authors (Zack Parsons comes to mind, in particular) who have created fantastic content here over the years which might not exist or may have been far less easy to come across had it not been for the frontpage. Additionally, there are many artistic and talented goons (twoday and 2Dcat come to mind because I'm a c-spam main but there are definitely many more as the recent travelling showcase proved) who might appreciate having articles promoting their work AND linking to the threads where they're posting it in case any readers want to talk to the artists. Non forum members encountering SA this way would be more likely to register if the vibrancy of the community was highlighted like this.

Interesting idea, and if I could make a further suggestion... based on this thread, there seem to be a fair amount of goons who are unemployed or underemployed due to the pandemic. If you are considering paying for front page content, why not give starving goons first crack at it?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Maybe if we didn’t ha e a front page the kids that Aatrek raped and the forum mods (and admins) who covered up for wouldn’t would have been stopped

Would you prevent putting his rapist cock back in his pants by keeping up the front page?

"...but, but, but... Aatrek!!!" translates to "My argument has run out of steam."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

dee eight posted:

for everybody saying "yes patreon", please be aware that there is currently a buzz of distrust and trouble brewing over some corporate intransigence and lack of transparent communication from patreon corporate level leadership. the official patreon discord for creators is rife with pitchfork and torch level grumbling and discussion over which ship to jump to.

Google "Patreon California Lawsuit". TLDR: Patreon may well be hosed real soon.