Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Jeffrey thank you for keeping your word here. Being transparent means a lot.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Patreon sounds like a decent idea.

Patreon takes, what, 5%? In december, 8% of gross got wiped out from fees. SA probably gets loving fleeced on CC transactions, because each individual transaction is so small, and I doubt the forum has a particularly advantageous fee structure. Might be worth exploring something like "you can redtext one person per month at Tier Krust and two people per month at Tier Fiestacat" simply to disperse the fees if Patreon's are lower.

That's a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Cannon_Fodder posted:

When am I getting my loving spaceship pictures?

That would be a pretty weird lawsuit.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

dee eight posted:

for everybody saying "yes patreon", please be aware that there is currently a buzz of distrust and trouble brewing over some corporate intransigence and lack of transparent communication from patreon corporate level leadership. the official patreon discord for creators is rife with pitchfork and torch level grumbling and discussion over which ship to jump to.

Are they going to actually do it or is it more whining until the illusion of acquiescing is given?