Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I would totally subscribe and pay like, 20 bucks a month to get two gift certs to change someone else’s avatar emailed to me because the forums store is clunky enough that it’s definitely stopped me from doing some redtexts because :effort:

Storing payment info/a PayPal button so I don’t have to hunt down my wallet to make store purchases would rule, but I’m not sure how much that would add to overhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Increasing Avatar Size Limit

Be Amazed At Reinvigorated Revenue Stream.

Also the text limit, when I redtext someone with one of their own posts I’d like to be able to have it link back to the post without giving up too much of the actual text. You lose a lot of space just with the color/size/bold tags already.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

The best front page articles were literally articles about the forums, either summarizing funny threads, or retelling stories that came out(the flaming beehive), or the final results of a photoshop thread.

Weekend web was also great though I don’t know if that’s something that’s compatible with how the internet is these days.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bilirubin posted:

oh yeah, seeing all these fine posters reminds me that making it possible to buy a custom plat icon would be a splendid feature and means for raising more funds.

But what I would pay REAL dollars for is a 4-20-69 reg date. I had asked an admin about it at some point and was told it was impossible due to some database-related witchcraft regarding where dates start counting up from. Seemed pretty suspicious but I'm no witch what do I know

e. also agree with making the tshirt guy the paywall image

UNIX time starts at 1/1/70.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Slippery posted:

Huh, I didn't realize that, that's really neat!

But wouldn't that mean anyone could do the same and basically pick whatever regdate?

I'd want to have a regdate like a couple years into the future, see if anyone noticed lol

You couldn’t do it past a point in 2038, when the 32 bit Unix clock is out of time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’ll always stay high if you keep fuckin’ reregging.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FuckOffTransphobe posted:

Yeah but I have a ton of coiner comrades I want to bring into the fold and many of them refuse to touch filthy government fiat scrip (especially USD, the money of the evil empire! The most violent money of all) for ethical reasons!!!!

This is like the second time I’ve seen a post from an account of yours that makes me concerned you’re having a manic episode. You annoy the poo poo out of me but I really want you to get help before poo poo completely spirals.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

Its a gimmick.

Normally I would agree but there’s like normal seraph and Grandiose Seraph and I’ve been around bipolar people enough (my dad was, for example) that there’s weird poo poo that I pick up on.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The new record for Oldest Goon is 91, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

dee eight posted:

e: saw the post in greatest sagas thread. i approve

Also much less likely to get weird about teenagers than tokaii.
He mostly just misses my grandma. :smith: