Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I think for awhile Lowtax was paying out the rear end for some kind of super turbo speed boost that he didnt even realize he bought and then went on the forums to complain about it. It still wasnt even close to 25k though but it was pretty funny.

I think it used to cost more before some hosting changes a few years back, but it also used to earn way more so: lowtax is a terrible, incompetent liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

About the forums dying, they've added ~150 new users every month for the last 2.5 years (which doesn't include people reregging after a ban) and I recently saw concurrent viewers go over 6k for the first time in ages, so they're doing ok.

E:

quote:

This is because I enabled, uh, something in Cloudflare (I honestly cannot remember the name of it and I'm too loving lazy to find my phone to do a two factor auth and see what it is in the control panel). In the last two weeks, when I've had the option enabled, it racked up a bill (based off bandwidth) of an extra $1,500 charge, in addition to the $220 monthly fee Cloudflare charges.

lmao i can't be bothered getting off the couch to pick up my phone, can i have some more money

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 27, 2021

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

punk rebel ecks posted:

Thanks for the answers.

In terms of growth I remember the 200,000 poster celebration count thing was embarrassing since the site averaged at two new users a day. That's like Twitter account levels of popularity.

200k was June 2018, it's 204,500ish now, so it's around 5 a day.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ambaire posted:

One question about this: does that also mean continuing to haze / troll 'J4Gs' (especially in Eve) in 'hilarious' ways? It's one of the parts of the goon culture that's always been very off-putting to me.

i j4g'd back in when the gently caress ever then never got past the tutorial lol

e: i don't think we do it much any more tho

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Its a gimmick.

Vvv fair point vvv

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 21, 2021