Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think this has the potential to be a really good year for something awful. I intend to be proactive in growing this place, be it be enticing old users to return or attracting new ones, and I intend to do so without compromising the culture here. I think old-style internet forums are the best way to communicate online and I think a lot of people who have never posted on a forum would use them if they knew they were there.

lol That this attitude exists after years of Lowtax just sitting around eating cookies and occasionally dropping once a month by to insult users and pimp his lovely, unfunny gaming garbage that no one likes or watches

So loving alien and weird, but thanks Jeff

also lol that Lowtax claimed he was losing money and/or barely breaking even and that the forums cost $3300 or $5000 per month or whatever he said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Coasterphreak posted:

I will be more than happy to throw five bucks a month at a patreon now that I know it's going towards dev costs and not somebody's Goldbelly Cookie Box

fixed

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Heath posted:

Servers $1100
CC Fees $522
Goldbelly "Mogul" Tier Patronage Membership $3500
Light-up mechanical keyboard $175

please help my family and forums are dyinf

Though to be fair, just look at these

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Dr. Lunchables posted:

There’s a ceiling on how good cookies are. $5/cookie is above that ceiling.

I dunno man, Jacques Torres?

Watch this vid and then tell me you wouldn't pay $5 to try at least one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDSeGI0zJM

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The forums seriously has needed a little icon that pops up in the corner whenever you’re quoted that will bring you to the quoted post. That will spur a lot of engagement, which means more active and retained users, which means traffic, which means more revenue for the servers and stuff. Why not done???