Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

really queer Christmas posted:

Why did fees go from 6% in Oct to 8% in Nov? Renegotiated contract?

Probably has to do with the number of transactions vs the size of the average transaction. There's probably some combination of flat fee and percentile per transaction that the CC companies take.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I still don't have an update on the front page. There has been so much to do for the forums themselves that it's hard to even start thinking about the frontpage. I managed to get lowtax's name off of it, eventually.

As long as Lowtax's articles are down I really don't mind waiting for new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's variable and there is a fixed and percentage-based portion for each transaction. I believe in October, in that initial burst of purchases, we had a bunch of large lump sum donors, saving money on those fixed portions. In addition, the credit card companies charge varying amounts for various cards and generally, the fancier the card is, the higher a fee we pay. It's very opaque even for me - I get some manner of breakdown of names of various fees, but they aren't exactly illuminating. November and December have the normal flow of mostly $5 and $10 purchases and thus have a higher percentage going to fees.

Do you think allowing people to bulk-purchase redtext certificates would mitigate that?