Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Storing payment info is a :can: in that there are all sorts of Very Serious Security Requirements to taking credit card payments, and some of them are easily sidestepped by not storing any sort of payment information. This is not just me being paranoid, but would also represent new costs as there is separation required from the rest of the servers. Maybe making browser autocomplete work with our form would be a good step? Then you could save payment info in your browser and use it on the site more easily, without adding the burden of securely storing payment info to our backend.

I know I'm reaching back on this, but how hard is it to not take credit card information directly but rather strictly rely on stuff like PayPal, GPay, Apple Pay, etc? Is that even possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU