Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Goonspeed! One of the strut nuts on my rusty Fit was pretty well seized and an Allen wrench had no hope of holding it in place after a few attempts at loosening the thing. That board trick may have helped, but in my case, I was able to take an angle grinder and carefully cut enough so I could take a chisel to the top. I was replacing the whole assembly, but it's an option if nothing else pans out there.

All that rust sure brings back some good memories though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Good luck with your hunt. I would absolutely be scouring junkyards for it, but the reroute and rewire does sound like an entertaining fix too.