Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Still holding, it was never about the money. At this point I and I think most investors just wanna make it as painful as possible for the hedge funds to exit. Just knowing I was part of Elon Musk losing 8b is enough to make it all worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

multijoe posted:

So were these guys not in it to be the Joker burning the money to prove a point? I thought the whole affair was meant to be an economic suicide bombing

It 100% was from the very beginning, goons gonna :goonsay: though. Also the stock is still like 120% shorted so, again, with a critical mass of people holding eventually they have to cover.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I think so, but idk if that's the burn you think it is. But honestly it's true that I don't have a lot to contribute here so I'm gonna duck out. My only real issue with the discussion going on here was that it was misrepresenting the average retail stock buyer's mindset as some sort of pump-and-dump chump instead of literally just someone who wanted to stick it to hedge funds. Which absolutely happened too and was all over the front page of the NYT like two days ago. But yeah, that's my only real point. I have no real idea whats gonna happen next. But I dont really think anyone does.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I remember reading the last 4 posts verbatim and even contributing one in the bitcoin thread way back in the day. You guys are right, these things are usually bubbles, but sometimes they aren't. At the end of the day smart money shouldn't ignore the possibility of masses of idiots stumbling into becoming millionaires online v0v

Like if I had put the same $50 into every dumb bubble I heard about on SA including bitcoin I'd be colossally up right now. Just something to think about with all this chump talk.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 8, 2021