Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Saved by the Bell Mysteries is pretty good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BubbleBobble posted:

does he really?

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/saved-bell-star-dustin-diamond-begins-chemotherapy-stage-4-lung-n1255176

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Do it ironically posted:

I remember that episode where Slater trashed trans people the whole episode and it was extremely awkward and uncomfortable

Oh wait that was real life

Hold up, what's going on with this?

Edit: On the Candace Owens show, no less.

Well, I completely disagree with him, but at least he had the humility to at least sound like he's legitimately sorry for what he said.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 28, 2021

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
90210 was way better.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nascardad posted:

90210 was way better.

Fun fact: 90210 is what happens when Aaron Spelling tries to bring Degrassi to the USA, but without all of the low-budget, PBA-like charm, and gets told "no, we're not selling it."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Fun fact: Screech has stage 4 cancer throughout his body :smith:

(I know he stabbed a dude but I still feel bad for him)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Frank Frank posted:

Fun fact: Screech has stage 4 cancer throughout his body :smith:

(I know he stabbed a dude but I still feel bad for him)

He’s a total piece of poo poo in a multitude of other ways so nah

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

GoutPatrol posted:

This is more revelatory when you learn that Kevin Nash always has his hands in his pockets

How was he a catcher for a pro baseball team? He's GIANT.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNEQAXX43g

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://youtu.be/_lNEQAXX43g

Edit: WHAT THE gently caress

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
that screech sex tape where he gives a girls dirty sanchez is p bad

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WhyteRyce posted:

I only watched reruns on TBS in the summer. The beach club summer and biker chick year always throws off my timeline
Tori was only there for half a semester before moving to Japan and she had the weird enrichment class that the guys had.

Kelly and Jessie were busy with Cheerlearing and Student Senate for those episodes.

The summer job was actually part of the Senior Summer requirement for an internship or work experience.

naem
May 29, 2011

I have to feel bad for a child actor who gets a once in a lifetime acting gig as “unattractive guy” and then yeah, there’s your entire actual childhood and young adult years followed by obscurity

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Idk, I’d have taken that gig.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

The dude has to have gotten a ton of trim even being nerdy screech.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He was a decent bit younger than the rest of the cast and I think they hated him from the get-go, that's got to be brutal at that time in your life.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

naem posted:

I have to feel bad for a child actor who gets a once in a lifetime acting gig as “unattractive guy” and then yeah, there’s your entire actual childhood and young adult years followed by obscurity

Jaleel White has said that the contractual obligations of having to keep looking like Urkel hosed with his self esteem as a teenager.

Also reminder that they did an unauthorized Lifetime tell all movie but it was based on Dustin Diamond's version of events so everyone else comes off as assholes.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He was a decent bit younger than the rest of the cast and I think they hated him from the get-go, that's got to be brutal at that time in your life.

Did they actually hate him or was that Dustin's version of events?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like I've read that from a separate source but definitely not sure.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

That was some television magic right there. I don't think I've ever seen anything else that was that simultaneously affecting but also unintentionally hilarious, and somehow the incongruity just makes it better. Just a weird, wonderful, memorable moment

Every time they wanted to do a "special episode" about the DANGERS OF TEEN LIFE they're always so funny because they're sanitized to gently caress and back. Like Zack gets a fake ID but he only has it say he's 18 so he can get into an 18-and-over dance club, NOT a bar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a youtube series about how terrible Zach was (Zach Morris is Trash) and the funny thing is that it became so popular that the guy behind it became one of the writers on the new Saved by the Bell.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

There was a youtube series about how terrible Zach was (Zach Morris is Trash) and the funny thing is that it became so popular that the guy behind it became one of the writers on the new Saved by the Bell.

Zach Morris is Trash and A Very Special Episode both own.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Whoa, seriously? Holy poo poo.

Well now that makes me want to check out the new show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saalkin posted:

Zach Morris is Trash and A Very Special Episode both own.

There was a sister series called Telenovelas are Hell which would go over the plot to a telenovela each episode. It was also pretty fun.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Whoa, seriously? Holy poo poo.

Well now that makes me want to check out the new show.

It's honestly not too bad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

naem posted:

Jaleel White has said that the contractual obligations of having to keep looking like Urkel hosed with his self esteem as a teenager.

I wonder how the girl who played Kimmy Gibbler on Full House dealt with that too.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That sounds like a much better idea than the Doctor Who approach of hiring fanboys to produce self-indulgent toss.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In a similar vein a guy made a trailer for a serious version of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Will Smith liked it enough that they're actually going to make it into a series and the guy who did the trailer was hired to write and produce.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
What?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAfJpyBgcgA

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fresh-prince-bel-air-drama-reboot-works-1306799

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

In a similar vein a guy made a trailer for a serious version of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Will Smith liked it enough that they're actually going to make it into a series and the guy who did the trailer was hired to write and produce.

That's destined to be trash just like Saved By The Bell.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Isn't voorhees a looney tune

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

He's another Liminal, like Two Worlds. He can see the audience.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wonder how the girl who played Kimmy Gibbler on Full House dealt with that too.
By far the most well adjusted of any of the Full House kids imo. I think partly it affected her less than other TV nerds because it was just a goofy wardrobe for her, it wasn't about how she actually looked. She was normal as a kid, and then by the time the show was ending, she had an incredible body (no pedo, she's older than me). After the show she left Hollywood and was just a normal person afaik until Fuller House. She did write a memoir that might talk about it if you're that interested.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anne Whateley posted:

By far the most well adjusted of any of the Full House kids imo. I think partly it affected her less than other TV nerds because it was just a goofy wardrobe for her, it wasn't about how she actually looked. She was normal as a kid, and then by the time the show was ending, she had an incredible body (no pedo, she's older than me). After the show she left Hollywood and was just a normal person afaik until Fuller House. She did write a memoir that might talk about it if you're that interested.

Yeah but she has stinky feet

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Poohs Packin posted:

Saved by the Bell Mysteries is pretty good tho.

I wish I could miss trees, but I can't anymore

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 29, 2021

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Anne Whateley posted:

I never thought she wasn't hot (also older than me).
Just yeah, the "weird" girl or whatever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

I never thought she wasn't hot (also older than me).
Just yeah, the "weird" girl or whatever.

Kimmy Gibbler/Andrea Barber got off extremely easy.

Ninja edit: Wow, that sounds dirtier than I meant it.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah but she has stinky feet

Oh, did Dan Schneider work on Full House, too?

Meanwhile Mr. Belding is on the twentieth year of his midlife crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Mr Belding was accused of molesting Charlie