Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Once again goons were wrong about everything that I could be a millionaire right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Goons when bitcoins are $100 each: "what a bubble, if you buy now you're an idiot who deserves what you're about to lose"

Goons when gamestop jumped to $40 a share: "just another pump and dump, you already missed the curve, the only people making money now got in weeks ago"

Goons when Dogecoin jumps 800% in 6 hours after an Elon Musk tweet : " THIS is the way, boys! Time to hop aboard Lmao meme economy straight to the moon. HODL rofl :cheerdoge: :shibewow: "

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Do you guys have a set ceiling for when you plan to sell? I am completely new to all this

For Dogecoin 0.420
For gamestop 420.0

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

spunkshui posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/market...21-1-1030020684

“Hedge funds and other institutions shorting GameStop stock were sitting on losses of about $19 billion as of Friday, new data shared exclusively with Insider indicates.

Figures from the data provider Ortex suggested that investors who had bet that the share price would fall had been massively squeezed, with losses topping $10 billion on Wednesday alone, when GameStop soared 135%”

https://v.redd.it/l1pa6yuvdhe61

lol

I don't know poo poo about any of this, but it sounds like in order for this to happen, there had to be at least 12 billion dollars worth of stocks in the wild before all this started? Is that true? Is gamestop even worth that much to begin with? I don't really understand how investors are losing so much money when it seems like gamestop isn't even worth that much to begin with. And if it is, does that mean there are just multiple billions of dollars in stocks tied up in every rundown franchise like red lobster and poo poo like that? How does a single bad investment into a single company crash an entire hedge fund? Did they have all have their entire portfolios in GameStop