Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

thecluckmeme posted:

Sorry, that was a rhetorical question about finding out Beth was already internet famous before, not me saying I know a YouTube channel.

...but then I started looking into where I have seen some of the cast before, and apparently she IS in Hey Ash Whatcha Playing according to their website. I'm going to have to rewatch some of those videos, and I hope they hold up over the years. :ohdear:

Beth May plays Princess Peach in the HAWP Super Mario Odyssey Movie Trailer video they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TqWgzQsik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Pennsylvanian posted:

Heads up to the ad-free crew: I don't know if it was included in your version of today's episode, but episode 58 starts off with a podcast recommendation ad that has an all-timer Beth bit in it.

I subscribe to the patreon for Talking Dads, the ad-free versions of the episodes are a nuisance I need to mark as listened. The ads are constantly hilarious just like anything else.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Holy poo poo. I had to pause I was laughing so hard

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Valentin posted:

As someone who had mixed feelings about the end of last season, woof. I wanted things to be more fun and loose, I didn't want Anthony to completely forget how to pace or run a D&D game (multiple times now it's become clear he doesn't even have stat blocks ready to go for the boss monsters the campaign is structured around, so what is he even prepping?).

It's not really D&D, it's an improv audio drama with a dice roll conceit. Same with Adventure Zone, and many (most?) of the other popular podcasts. This is something I'm, personally, more than fine with, though I absolutely 100% understand why someone might want it to be more Game and less Theatre. It seems like the longer these shows go on, the refinement and streamlining and convenience for the editors they all undergo consistently brings them closer to improv theatre.

Basically, though:

Valentin posted:

no this will not stop me from listening and continuing to post.

Edit: If I had an actual complaint it would be this: I would like Freddy to kindly, and without malice, shut up. Maybe he could try not talking for 10% of the episode and work his way up to not talking for 60-70% and let his friends also have some entertaining out of character table talk opportunities.

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 22, 2022

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I'd like more table-talk, without having to up my patreon pledge for the unedited versions, which I feel might be too much table-talk. This most recent episode had a couple good "THIS IS WILL TALKING" moments that I enjoyed

E: I guess it's difficult to find a balance between TAZ's weird choice of "all table talk is in character for some reason" and Daddies's equally weird choice to cut it all out

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 7, 2022

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

This is the most buckwild episode of anything. I don't think I stopped laughing once

E: Goddamn loving Alice Card-Rogen's dirty secret

E2: That ending... They are so good at these short shots

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 29, 2022

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Pennsylvanian posted:

I'm guessing that it's just to release Willy.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Been waiting for this plot turn for months now, and I'm not disappointed

Also that One Week parody was incredible.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm interested to hear the teen talk to this episode. I loved it but the reaction seems all over the place.

The reveal that Scary's heel turn wasn't explicitly planned, and that Beth was wrestling with when and if to do it for ages was very good. Sometimes I feel that this, and other, podcasts can get a little scripted (at least in broad terms, like a wrestling storyline) so some genuine foreshadowed twists are appreciated.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

If you're going to turn on your team you have to commit to it. Half measures just wind up being, well, what we've been listening to. Beth could have, and should have, gone all in, surrendered Scary to Anthony's control as a new villain, and taken over Hero Oak as a character, especially with the reveal.

It was a mistake and I'm glad they've decided to move past it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I still really enjoy the show on a piece by piece basis, I just have to stop trying to see it as a cohesive whole, because it's not.

And the patreon after-show is still consistently hilarious.