Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

seaborgium posted:

She even does so in the ads. "I'm doing a podcast hoping to get a new mattress" is an amazing story throughout the podcast.

Well poo poo, never thought I’d miss out on a storyline by being a ~*Patreon Subscriber*~

I’m not sad about it though because I can only highly recommend it. Some of the extra one shots and bonus episodes they put out is legit their best and funniest content. Highlights include In The Mountains of Dadness, Pokémon Go To the Polls, the crossover with the Hey Riddle Riddle cast, and tons more.

Apparently if you pony up the big bucks Anthony will run a canonical campaign with you and other Patrons and let you create a magical item that the Dads magically receive in the main campaign. Now that’s a loving incentive :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thecluckmeme posted:

Elizabeth Warden was an actual loving spit take from me in the latest episode.

Anthony has NO RIGHT to have that good of an impression

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

anthony and ashly both revealing eachothers' teenaged fanfiction.net stories was incredible

That prompted me to nervously pull up fanfiction.net to see if my high school works were still there

they are

no I will not

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

seaborgium posted:

Did you at least look up theirs?

I actually could not find Anthony's in my searches. Will found it very easily during the recording so it seems like he probably deleted it? But luckily some guy on their Discord has you covered if you're curious:
Nick Poodoo: Action Scientist by Anthony Burch
I certainly didn't read any of it, but skimming through it looks just as cringey as you'd imagine some Half-Life fan fiction written by a middle schooler to be

I did however manage to find Ashly's account, including the seminal What the f**k is "lol"? My review: Not bad. Enjoyed the George Carlin reference.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anthony sort of hinted at the fact that those swaps were random but I don’t believe that son of a bitch for one second. They were all just too perfect to be chosen at random. Half of them even said during the last Talking Dad that they’d like to take on the very dad that they called.

...not that I’m complaining, mind you. In fact I hope he DID stack the deck to make it happen like that. Everyone did an incredible and scathing job, I was cackling the whole time

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I love that they pulled a (Late TAZ Spoiler) Poisoning Raging Flaming Sword of Doom with the All or Nothing Coin on the Maul

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I know you already know this, but I checked and it's 100% there.

I wonder when they did it and if anybody could have possibly noticed??

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

some truly baffling decisions from matt lol

It's okay because Beth has it all under control :getin:

The Billy Eilish song was incredible

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

I had to have the episode title explained to me but lol now that i get it

...And now just by reading your post, I get it too :wow:

On that note I absolutely loved that Beth was already trying to figure out anagrams for some of the names early on. She knows Anthony's exact brand of bullshit but she missed the answer by this much anyway. Personally I figured it out during the "1, 2, 345..." chanting but I mean that was only like 30 seconds before the PCs figured it out.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thirding, it was incredibly funny and I can’t wait for the next two. I never heard of Amanda Shuckman before this but I’m now a fan, full stop.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Beth: I put the ravioli in my mouth

Anthony: ok, uh, you die

Beth: no

Just pure alpha poo poo

And she won!

The fact that she got away with that entire interaction being a wash instead of metaphorical (or literal) character death is an extreme testament to Beth's RP.

Also Wario. Just Wario. Everything about him as an over-the-top chef in the Regency era obsessed with winning. I hope to Christ one of them ends up with Wario.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

https://twitter.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1535234428649324547?s=20&t=s8jlE8RUrYZJCdV8uiGoLA

I haven't been following the saga too closely, I hope he has no idea what the show is

lmao at those blurred feet

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Will Campos tweeted a positive review of a new actual play podcast called Real Housewives of Dungeons and Dragons. I listened to the first two episodes and...I think I'm in on this!

It's silly DnD in the vein of Dungeons and Daddies, and the PCs and Co-DMs are funny. The editing is pretty tight and there's sound effects and combat music and all that good stuff. I didn't really recognize any of the cast members which made me hesitate at first, but they all seem pretty chill so that's good.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

goblin week posted:

Bring Back Story Break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

The finale for season 2 aired today. Decent episode, and I think I liked it better than Season 1's finale, oddly enough.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the KDM bonus campaign. I wish they'd have the confidence to let a game do some of the legwork for them. This whole season has felt like a 50+ hour episode of Story Break.

As a huge Story Break fan who hasn’t listened to this podcast in over a year I must respectfully disagree