Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want them to be this punch drunk all the time, because I cried laughing at least three times this past episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pennsylvanian posted:

Deck Picks was the episode where I started recommending the podcast to everyone because it was around the same time that all of the Actual Plays I was listening to were becoming railroady and overly full of themselves when it came to their storytelling prowess. It was great to listen to an AP where they were willing to nuke their universe to squeeze out as many laughs as possible. The "Why didn't you kill Hitler?" exchange was incredible.

Also love Beth referencing the fact that Jimmy was in the live-action Mulan.
Adventuring Party's interview with Griffin McElroy touched on this, but there's always this amazing transformation with first-time roleplaying groups from "None of us are taking this seriously" to "We've found a joke that's personified in an NPC that we all think is Real Fuckin Funny" to "OH NO that joke NPC that I've grown attached to died and now I feel legitimately sad", and that that's a dynamic that's really easy to capture with first-time roleplayers and really difficult to capture with seasoned veterans.

Dungeons and Daddies has that first part down cold.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The past two episodes have been fire

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Honestly Anthony should have pulled the trigger? Henry has access to Revivify. Straight-up murdering a member of the party just to prove a point is completely fair game at the level the party is at

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The latest episode is a lot, ya'll

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
That was incredible. Next level. Maybe the craziest thing I've ever heard of any of the players doing in any RPG ever.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Hey man, high level D&D and they've got a Druid in the party, it's fair game.

Honestly they should have seen it coming.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This season is full chaos, apparently

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
MATT ARNOLD WITH THE SWERVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU