Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

power rankings:
- ron
- paeden
- lark & sparrow
- all other dads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

anthony and ashly both revealing eachothers' teenaged fanfiction.net stories was incredible

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

Came upon posts by this Redditor, ExOh95 (Paula), who makes some really high-quality animations, a few of which are from DADDPOD.

This is from one of my favorite exchanges:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/igc7sl/ns_dumb_idiot_who_has_a_lot_of_charisma/

Anthony: "You have a plus seven to persuasion?!"
Freddy: "I specced all Charisma. I'm a dumb idiot who has a lot of charisma."
Anthony: "That's- I mean, alright. And just as was your dream when you specced that way, you have now convinced an eight year-old.. (to throw a fight)."

The first time Henry loses his poo poo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/hhkx0c/ns_animated_another_clip_from_ep_1_one_of_my/

The famous stinger from Ep. 1 that kept us coming back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/h8avzv/ns_i_animated_a_clip_from_ep_1_of_dungeons_and/

the things professional animators can just whip up in their free time are terrifying

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the thread title should specify that it is sometimes a bdsm podcast

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snowy posted:

If you become a patron can you download patreon episodes in a podcast app or do you have to listen through patreon?

I might have to sign up once I hit episode 8.

like (i think) most podcasts with patreons, there's a special rss feed you get when you join that had the bonus content + the ad-free base eps

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snowy posted:

I’m mid episode 34: Dennis? what the gently caress is happening here did I miss a few episodes?

you sound like a real Ron

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i just caught up with the end of the star wars episodes and lmao it is truly the stupidest poo poo they've ever done

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

glenn just absolutely shutting down matt's "i want to play dnd" deal with a high level fireball was so, so funny to me

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

both have excellent instincts about when and how to be a total poo poo

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel bad for DMs trying to write their own campaigns and encounters, it seems impossible to account for all the dumb bullshit that high level d&d casters can do. I'm reminded of the crystal kingdom arc of the adventure zone which had a moment like:

lol i still think the most impressive bullshit i've ever seen pulled live is laura bailey completely successfully tricking matt mercer and 100% solving his climactic encounter with a major villain via an obscure, extremely minor magic item she got a year before that and the modify memory spell

second place goes to like 100 different things emily pulled on naddpod

eke out fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 30, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

loving amazing

[seriously don't read this until you've heard this ep] those mother fuckers pulled a homestuck hahahahaha

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah [most recent ep spoilers] paeden died just like he lived, supremely confident and then horribly loving up every roll. it was perfect

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I loved Beth being like "okay Anthony is taking this seriously so I should learn how to actually play this game" and then I'm pretty sure she accidentally broke it the other way because I don't think they realized sneak attack is only once per turn? Which like fair game, honest mistake when y'all have spent with years not knowing what it even was.

i feel like advantage sneak attack is one of the least successful things about 5e and it's really apparent just from how commonly hosed up it is even by experienced players and DMs

(also i kinda miss the 3.5 rules where a well positioned rogue could alpha strike something to death with multiple sneak attacks per turn, now you have to be a paladin or someone with action surge to do that)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

continue listening to this one after the credits lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao anthony immediately yelling at beth about character choices to be Agent Cody Banks' spy dog

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao beth's new character

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

anthony's really leaning into the horror vibes, i hope he keeps it up

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

beth just coming up with 'scorpion slut' is truly incredible

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

It seems to me that Anthony’s plan for the near future is to have each kid go through some emotional stuff after hearing their dad’s unfiltered feelings. It’s obvious there will be plenty of feelings when it’s Scary’s turn, but then there will be fun contrast when Taylor learns that his origin involves rock ‘n’ roll demons and time paradoxes.

I do want to know what Anthony's long game is in powering up Beth so much more than everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah, i agree, they should let some of these breathe more, people like hanging out with and getting to know characters, and the relentless forward pace the editing sets doesn't help

they have talked about re-doing entire episodes and then using some content from the one that didn't air cut in to fill out parts, it does seem like they approach this more like editing a tv show than most podcasts do