Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

The show would be better if Elyse became a regular cast member or she did a Jimmy-style long-term stint.

What would the best class for a super popular horse girl be? I'm leaning towards druid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who What Now posted:

I'm finally all caught up and now I have to wait for new episodes :negative:

Same! It sucks!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pennsylvanian posted:

I will say that this is my final plea to stop sleeping on the Patreon if you have been, because Sons and Sons Sonsability is the funniest episode of the podcast so far.

Beth's attempted murder by ravioli was comedy gold.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

timp posted:

And she won!

The fact that she got away with that entire interaction being a wash instead of metaphorical (or literal) character death is an extreme testament to Beth's RP.

Also Wario. Just Wario. Everything about him as an over-the-top chef in the Regency era obsessed with winning. I hope to Christ one of them ends up with Wario.

Beth's character seems like she's got the best shot with him so far, She's-a-gonna-win his heart!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The latest episode of Sons and Sonsibility is like a train that jumps a track and then flies straight into the sun and then it hits the sun and the sun explodes and it just keeps going.

Listen to it immediately if you haven't already.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alice Card = Alucard

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LINK LIVES!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I knew the imposter was Beth right at the beginning when she asked to speak to the whale. The real Scary would NEVER want to take advice from that dumb whale or any other mammal!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't know what this says about me as a person, but the motivation behind Matt's "drink the pus" obsession made 100% sense to me.

Like, sometimes you come up with an idea and it makes sense in your head but you just can't find a way to explain it to others in a way they can understand. Most of the time this is because the idea is terrible, but in the heat of the moment you can't see that so instead you keep trying to explain the idea HARDER and the more people push back against your awful idea the more you double down on trying to make it happen because you are just so sure you're right about this.

This isn't something I do myself, but it is something my dad does so I've spent a lot of time dealing with it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Better ingredients, better pizza.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So I guess the teens are part timers now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The whole cast is great, you can argue about which part of a pizza is your favorite but you need all of it together to make a meal.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dungeons and Daddies has entered the Boys vs. Girl arc. Do you think Hermie and the dads got hurt when willy escaped?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hell seems like a surprisingly chill place.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Predictably, this pvp is a huge drag

It had some good character moments near the end though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm hoping latest episode is a turning point for Scary and she stops acting like the worst person ever at least a little bit so there's at least some plausible reason the other kids tolerate her presence.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Soysaucebeast posted:

Yeah, that's basically why I can never get into Critical Role. I really want to, and the characters really appeal to me, but the combat is such a slog that I always give up after like 5-10 episodes.

Just watch the show, or read the comics. You can get the character stuff without any of the actual play stuff.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Friend posted:

On the one hand, Beth and Freddie were given the easiest characters to imitate, blew it, and seemed hesitant to contribute anything; Matt played it fairly safe but kept things moving as usual, and some of Anthony's stuff sounds good on paper but fell a bit flat.

But on the other hand, everything Will did was a high point of this season. His rant about rick and morty fans' reputation and Freddie being terrible ("good job you finally got one") and his desperate and rapid-fire Aristocrats joke were incredible.

But I've been going through some stuff this week so maybe the levity just hit me different

It would have been so much better if Beth could have been Jared Leto's Joker. I don't think it's totally her fault that the Napoleon Dynamite character isn't working as well, the movie's humor doesn't work as well in only audio form. The visuals are what helps sell the deadpan comedy. Freddie has no excuse for flubbing Austin Powers so hard though, and I agree that Will loving NAILED it as Borat and Rick. Full Marks, no notes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The episode starting with stand-up and ending with a mass wedding in space was honestly not something I saw coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I just listened to the season 2 finale and I really liked it. It felt like a really strong finish.

I thought it was an interesting character choice Will made at the end where he didn't really tell us anything about Normal's life as an adult beyond him being distant from the others and feeling kind of vaguely sad and out of place. That felt both realistic and bittersweet.