Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Livestream starts in 10 minutes. Free if you're a patron, $5 if not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
If season 1 was the Beth show, season 2 is all Matt all the time and it rules. Link is such a good character and Matt has absolutely gone all in and every episode his performances keep getting better.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Ainsley McTree posted:

I know this is already the Matt appreciation page, but goddamn, Matt. Trying too hard to be Goth Lincoln, and then abandoning the facade in a panic when the stakes got too high really got me. Also "let's see you dodge me"

Also I felt stupid for not knowing what they were all holy making GBS threads about at the end of the previous episode, but I never had a my chemical romance phase so I guess it just sailed over my head

That setup had me irl cackling

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Honestly, Will crushing it is a nice change of pace from Matt owning every funny beat this whole season

How Freddy couldn’t pull out a single decent joke is beyond me

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Freddie suffers from main character syndrome even when he’s in an ensemble. It was pretty obvious in season 1 but even worse in 2

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

The end of that episode just went fully off the rails

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

I love Freddy but I hate "oh oh oh here's what happens"

Motherfucker that's Anthony's job lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

If there was a digital version of KDM, I'd play it. They make it sound really fun, and Matt being a tabletop fiend makes the presentation even better.

I mostly say it felt like an extended Story Break because it felt like they were trying to tell a story in that they were pitching scenes way more than they did in Season 1. Going back to random episodes, it often feels like there are five DMs and no players for extended periods of time. But that's just my feeling.

I think that's the fundamental difficulty with AP content which is to say that the early episodes of any of these podcasts all feel like a group of friends playing a game but always turns into some loosely scripted narrative thing as the cast tries to have something to tie the content together. We saw it with TAS and Critical Role.

It's no wonder this group suffers from that more than say, NADDPOD, because they're almost all writers first and comedians second and also Freddie just can't stop himself lol