Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I like Borderlands 2 and I think Anthony is hilarious on the podcast, but his Twitter is dire. It feels like a time capsule of the worst kind of 2014 Twitter posting style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

As the owner of an Odyssey, I feel like I have to buy this:

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Lark's kids' names.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

All of my feeds seem to think that I want to do nothing but listen to Scorpion Slut.

They're not wrong but

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

There's no caution in the podcast and that's what I love about it.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The show would be better if Elyse became a regular cast member or she did a Jimmy-style long-term stint.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

"I tackle her and throw her in the carriage" was when I had to leave the room at work and take a break.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Beth playing a socially aggressive idiot is a fun gear change for her.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

New Sonsability episode is out and I think this is the wildest episode they've made of anything in the three+ years this podcast has been going.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Zutaten posted:

E: Goddamn loving Alice Card-Rogen's dirty secret

She's F*rty

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Will still retaining that Henry/Normal energy in the photo.

EDIT: I wasn't the only one to notice:

https://twitter.com/mindysoung/status/1535215322206130176

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 11, 2022

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think my favorite Henry/Will bit is the football game from season one, where his jersey just says "Thanks!" on the back

Mine is

"What kind of underwear do the dads wear?"

"Boxers"
"Briefs"
"Boxer-briefs, best of both worlds."
Henry: "...You're talkin' to the wrong guy."

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Best episode I've heard in a while. They really do need to stop trying to "craft a narrative" and just bounce off one another.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

This episode started rough for me, but I eventually ended up really liking it. It's the first time in a long time that I listened to an episode and could give someone a synopsis on what happened.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I know like me a lot of people are cold on Season 2, but they just released the second episode of their new side campaign and it's really great so far. It brings in Amanda from Sons and Sonsability, Elyse from the Erica Drippens episode, and Riley Rose Critchlow. They're all great and it's very funny.

The latest episode of Season 2 is a strange one. Apparently, none of the players really understood the premise and it created a messy episode, so they completely re-recorded it.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Yeah, sorry for bad vibes. For better vibes, a Redditor made a dice tower inspired by the Pyramid Incident:

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

All of the players are irreplaceable, but Matt lowkey holds the podcast together and it likely wouldn't work without him. He's so good at pushing scenes and dialogue.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The "Thanks for all your help, Gartok" bit gets funnier on re-listens.

Also, Freddy got some short-shrift in the thread. The degree to which he leaned into Glenn being an absolute shithead during his trial is some of my favorite improv.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 7, 2023

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The finale for season 2 aired today. Decent episode, and I think I liked it better than Season 1's finale, oddly enough.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the KDM bonus campaign. I wish they'd have the confidence to let a game do some of the legwork for them. This whole season has felt like a 50+ hour episode of Story Break.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 27, 2024

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

If there was a digital version of KDM, I'd play it. They make it sound really fun, and Matt being a tabletop fiend makes the presentation even better.

timp posted:

As a huge Story Break fan who hasn’t listened to this podcast in over a year I must respectfully disagree

I mostly say it felt like an extended Story Break because it felt like they were trying to tell a story in that they were pitching scenes way more than they did in Season 1. Going back to random episodes, it often feels like there are five DMs and no players for extended periods of time. But that's just my feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Blinkz0rz posted:

We saw it with TAS and Critical Role.

Yeah, you tend to see it more and more as the cast starts using the phrase "collaborative storytelling" more and more as the show goes on.