Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Dr Christmas posted:

I’ve listened to seven episodes. I can see why Beth/Ron is a favorite. Every one of her lines is like a killshot.

She even does so in the ads. "I'm doing a podcast hoping to get a new mattress" is an amazing story throughout the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

timp posted:

Well poo poo, never thought I’d miss out on a storyline by being a ~*Patreon Subscriber*~

I’m not sad about it though because I can only highly recommend it. Some of the extra one shots and bonus episodes they put out is legit their best and funniest content. Highlights include In The Mountains of Dadness, Pokémon Go To the Polls, the crossover with the Hey Riddle Riddle cast, and tons more.

Apparently if you pony up the big bucks Anthony will run a canonical campaign with you and other Patrons and let you create a magical item that the Dads magically receive in the main campaign. Now that’s a loving incentive :stare:

It's not much, it's just that her complaining about not having a mattress and trying to get one from Caspar does pay off a ways in.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Just Chamber posted:

Omg Beth's voice

I thought you were just messing around, but holy poo poo. I know it's temporary but you can hear everyone laughing in the background almost every time she talks, and it's just perfect.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

timp posted:

That prompted me to nervously pull up fanfiction.net to see if my high school works were still there

they are

no I will not

Did you at least look up theirs?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Do make sure to listen after the end credits though, there's usually a bit they cut from the main episode that's still pretty funny.

Also, enjoy Beth's quest for a new mattress story that carries on through the ads, and now has a second character.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also agree that there's no way that the initial round of body swaps was randomly chosen; glenn & jodie was too perfect to not be a handpicked choice, and I get the sense that he gave Darryl to Beth because she is vocally on the record about not really enjoying the actual "game" of d&d and probably would not have had much fun playing as a caster class who has to keep track of spells and stuff. Although I guess she has to now, so we'll see how that goes

I don't think Beth is going to care about the spells, so much as the ability to destroy everything if she thinks the wrong thing. It's going to be the Sta-Puft marshmallow man all over again.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

Balnor, what's your favorite food?

I should really buy that shirt.

And spoilers for Critical Role season 1, but Scanlan's counterspell against Vecna where if you pay attention you can see him setting the whole thing up and trying to keep Matt Mercer from figuring out he's got a plan that can get hosed up was good too.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Pennsylvanian posted:

Him hosed they:

They did open that can of worms, so it's on them if he fights back.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Pennsylvanian posted:

Got half a vacation and the house to myself. Is Video Game High School good? I've never seen it.

It's.....not bad. I watched it many years ago and I thought it was ok, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to watch.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Kind of glad it was Beth, I don't think Freddie would have been good at hiding it or not being insufferable.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

I think the next episode, with someone from Craigslist judging their stand up routines should be interesting. Not the hugest fan of this particular bit they're doing, seems like they're floundering a bit but it's decently entertaining with Will and Beth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

I think a lot of it depends on the cast and how they handle combat. NaDDPod seems to be creative and interesting and give you some ups and downs when they're doing it, it's not just "I rolled a 25, I do 17 slashing damage, then I rolled a 17, does that hit?". There's some of that, but for the most part they sprinkle in some fun stuff going on while they're in combat. For a little less rules heavy, Rude Tales does the same thing, it's things happening, people are doing crazy poo poo, they might not even be trying to win the fight they're going for some other goal.

I think in both of those they're using the combat to tell a little story inside the bigger story. Here they don't seem to be doing that as much, it's more of telling a story and if they do have combat it seems to get in the way. Most of them try to be doing that, but it seems like Freddy just barges in and does something insanely off the wall that derails it and then it just bogs down.