Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dragonatrix posted:

Started listening to this show because of this thread. I got to the UFC stuff in episode 10 and this show is utterly ridiculous and all the better for it.

Oh my god you're about to meet Paeden :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Pennsylvanian posted:

I got about ten episodes in to DADDPOD before I realized "Wait, that Anthony Burch?" I think I was just so accustomed to being reviled by Borderlands' style of humor that I was surprised he was so funny. I'm starting to think that Gearbox was just not able to put the right voice to his humor as there were quite a few creative lines in Borderlands 2 that I think just didn't land.

It's a controversial opinion, but I've always liked the writing in Borderlands 2 - even if the humor isn't for everyone, it totally landed for me front-to-back. At the same time I found BL3's writing to be so uniquely tedious and awful that I had to look up what changed between the two games. And that's when I learned that BL2 was written by the guy that does the dad podcast I like :aaa:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

New episode!

"Who's this chode?!?!"
"It's me - Ron :)"

Without missing a beat, just perfect

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

goblin week posted:

OP for some reason you listed Glenn Close as a dad

Yeah and it's so weird that Jodie Foster isn't in the title image even though he's been there literally the whole time??? :confused:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

I'm starting to think I should listen to this and not just lurk the thread

That would be a super good thing to do! And hey, in fact: other lurkers in this thread, this show is one of maybe two or three podcasts I would recommend to real outside meat-humans without reservation or stipulation - and that's a strong feat for any podcast, let alone a DnD actual play. If you've read any of our commentary and think this show might be up your alley, start from the start and give it a few episodes, you'll probably enjoy it!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Seven minutes into the new episode and this is already the rowdiest thing since they all pulled from the deck holy poo poo unplug the phone for this one

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Will as Ron talking to Anthony as Beth while actual-Beth can only sit and watch is some for your consideration poo poo, give this show eight awards

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

Maybe it's me, but I'm starting to think Willie is a lovely dad.

The clues are few and subtle, but if you read between the lines...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Prison is too good for the daddies, for what they did to my poor boy Anthony

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If I didn't know which actors voiced which characters I would still be able to identify Will because he's audibly saying "Hiiiii, Henry Oak here!" in a still picture with no attached sound file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Matt's given Link such sincere sheltered homeschooled kid energy that I can't discount him just playing the cards as he read them and doing what he thought Lincoln would do in that situation (something well intended but totally obtuse and unconventional)