Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm just reaching the last couple of episodes of the first season and I don't want to say bye.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Their intros have been on fire lately.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I'm interested to hear the teen talk to this episode. I loved it but the reaction seems all over the place.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Freddie just isn't that great at improv and if he's thrown into another lane he doesn't know much about you get him on the last Goofy episode. Him fighting himself really was peak Freddie and that crossed over into hilarious because no one else would drag it out that long.

Thinking about it one of the reason Sons and Sonsibilities works so well besides Amanda being a rock star is he's very lost in that time period. So for the most part his main character tendencies don't come up.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 18, 2023

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

I do become more impressed by the day with NADDPOD’s ability to create unique encounters and incredible shenanigans while still largely respecting the rules and mechanics of D&D; not because the sanctity of the game is important to me or anything, I just think it’s neat that they can do that

After multiple tries I finally stuck with it and clicked with NADDPOD. A big reason was I've only gotten into the rules light chaos of things like Dungeons and Daddies and Dragon Friends. Combat can be so boring. But NADDPOD has a great dynamic and I'm finishing up the first season now.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I'm one of the people who doesn't like listening to combat. Like I just focus on the dishes and chores when NADDPOD has a heavy combat episode.

I think that's just a natural divide between people listening for dnd actual play and people listening for funny people to do things in the dnd system

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

That's very fair. The Cthulhu and Sons and Sonsabilty episodes are some of the best things they've done.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Just make Amanda a permanent co dm problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

They've talked a lot about landing the plane in the recent teen talks and I think that's very fair. Overall I thought season 2 was mostly fine with some episodes and arcs I'll probably never come back to.

I do think the planned break from Anthony being DM for awhile is a great idea.

The KDM episodes have been a lot of fun. I was curious about the game too and there's no way I'll get anyone roped into that consistently but there's apparently a really good mod for it on tabletop simulator if anyone wants to try it that way.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 28, 2024