Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Yes, thats what i told the techs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'd gladly sit in that chair vs. the poo poo-rear end chairs I sat in at Sennheiser working AOI and wave soldering inspection for 4 years.

The hand-crank adjustable desks were great, though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Holy poo poo I didn't think I'd be posting updates again but let me get off the phone with my accountant

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:f5h::f5:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Fuckin hell, ok so people might remember me posting a lot last Autumn/Winter about my insane boss in the tattoo shop and the 125% turnover in staff over 2023? I've been out of there about 6 months now, still struggling to keep this new shop going and looking after a little baby at home, it's pretty nice it's a good struggle, I've been making more and more money every month since I moved here and we're hoping to have a good summer. Me and my wife are still sorting out our mortgage, you know how that goes, the bank kind of left it for a month longer than they should and you basically have to reapply? So we grab our shared accountant and he takes a look at my taxes, and goes "Whaaat the gently caress has this one done?!"

So ok more background, here if you aren't self-employed, your employer pays your taxes every pay cheque, which is pretty nice, I quite like it, your employer breaks a lot of laws if they wont. After refusing to pay my taxes this way (or at all) she decided to declare it all anyway, and I was like yeah ok great. It still left me a massive tax bill from the years she hadn't which I covered myself. Turns out she declared it but didnt pay any of it? And also had me on a tax band that worked out at roughly 52%, leaving me owing something in the ballpark of €12,000 come November this year. A ticking time bomb in my taxes that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.. I don't know what I would do honestly.. Let's not think about that?

Thankfully my poor accountant was like "oh wait hang on lemme check this one legal thing I just remembered" and now thanks to it being the year we had a child it's a bill she's paying instead and we are resubmitting our application to the bank later this week.
I asked if there was any way she could have fat fingered this or something and he said it's pretty much guaranteed she asked her accountant to do this to me. She didn't know we were expecting a child at the time, so she's a piece of poo poo but not like... monstrously so. We didn't want to deal with her telling me how to do a pregnancy, if you've read my old posts you'll know how much of a prick she was about this kinda poo poo, so my wife, my coworkers, my clients and myself kept it from her. I know that sounds insane, we were dealing with insanity.
He says if she does call to tear my head off about it to make sure I record it because, oops doing all this wrong knowingly is fraud hooraaay!

How are things going for her? Well it appears that the tattoo apprentice she got in during my final months there to replace the 2 artists who quit is no longer with her (she's tattooing in the back room of a house which isn't super great...) She recently got a Ukrainian artist in, who appears to have been displaced by the war unfortunately, she's really good and seems nice so I sent her a few job listings for better shops locally to be a poo poo.

And uh yeah... we still get word down here in the new shop about her. She's been even worse to customers since we all left, so bad that we don't even really need to mention we all used to work for her, people will just be like "hey you guys work in this town, what's up with this lady?" and then we get some unhinged story about her answering the phone by yelling "I'M BUSY" and hanging up or her cancelling laser removal appointments suddenly and claiming that the machine is broken (the person in question had a few hundred euros worth of vouchers for it, which she refused to refund).
The gently caress else is there? She's either stopped buying jewellery or she finally sorted out the phone number situation because I no longer get charged customs tax for her gear, and uh we are the #1 result on Google if you look for piercings locally too now :3:

I also have a real dumb story about me getting offered my dream position in another shop in March, so much so I was looking into selling off my stock, only for them to leave me totally alone in the store over a long weekend without any guidance and them immediately firing me. That was pretty embarrassing I have to say, and sent me to a dark place, but the more I think about it the more something seemed really off about it. I'll never know because there wasnt an exit interview hoooraaay I love this industry!!! (I finally got paid for that I bought new gear for me in work)

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 24, 2024

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The tattoo/piercing/whatever-other-poo poo industry sounds like a stressful little world.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Extremely wasting time doing :psyduck: face while doing contractor CV reviews because the most beautiful executive time cube resume landed in my inbox.

Is this what a VPs CV reads like? This is like an AI drank a data lake and barfed KPIs all over the page.
How bad is his startup doing and how much is his Harvard MBA costing if he's ready to moonlight as an SAP individual contributor?
How wasted is my own life if I never got a medal in hockey from the military academy?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It really doesn't have to be, but I guess there are a lot of people who 100% cannot and should not work in any other industry and now I keep on meeting them. Everyone in that other shop was cool as hell to meet and all had similar experiences with full on freaks. No idea if management wanted some sort of trial by fire and I blew it or if they'd found a better applicant after hiring me or what

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They needed someone to work on a long weekend because none of their actual employees wanted to do it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

McGavin posted:

The yellow is hi-vis for safety.
My first thought

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Its also because the yellow one is 20€ cheaper than basic black one.
Also my workplace has this brainworm about buying as hideous stuff as possible so that employees dont steal them for home use (not that matters for a chair.. i hope)

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Lol, karma strikes as Netsuite is too stupid or set up wrong, and we literally cannot charge credit card fees for 90 percent of the parts we bill for in our department.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Sormus posted:

Its also because the yellow one is 20€ cheaper than basic black one.
Also my workplace has this brainworm about buying as hideous stuff as possible so that employees dont steal them for home use (not that matters for a chair.. i hope)

*looks out at the car park "Huh, since when does John drive a Transit van?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Please, we have standards. Its a Toyota Hiace.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

McGavin posted:

They needed someone to work on a long weekend because none of their actual employees wanted to do it.

Possibly, though hiring people for guest spots is totally normal and was something I'd have been cool with. :shrug:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Fuckin hell, ok so people might remember me posting a lot last Autumn/Winter about my insane boss in the tattoo shop and the 125% turnover in staff over 2023? I've been out of there about 6 months now, still struggling to keep this new shop going and looking after a little baby at home, it's pretty nice it's a good struggle, I've been making more and more money every month since I moved here and we're hoping to have a good summer. Me and my wife are still sorting out our mortgage, you know how that goes, the bank kind of left it for a month longer than they should and you basically have to reapply? So we grab our shared accountant and he takes a look at my taxes, and goes "Whaaat the gently caress has this one done?!"

So ok more background, here if you aren't self-employed, your employer pays your taxes every pay cheque, which is pretty nice, I quite like it, your employer breaks a lot of laws if they wont. After refusing to pay my taxes this way (or at all) she decided to declare it all anyway, and I was like yeah ok great. It still left me a massive tax bill from the years she hadn't which I covered myself. Turns out she declared it but didnt pay any of it? And also had me on a tax band that worked out at roughly 52%, leaving me owing something in the ballpark of €12,000 come November this year. A ticking time bomb in my taxes that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.. I don't know what I would do honestly.. Let's not think about that?

Thankfully my poor accountant was like "oh wait hang on lemme check this one legal thing I just remembered" and now thanks to it being the year we had a child it's a bill she's paying instead and we are resubmitting our application to the bank later this week.
I asked if there was any way she could have fat fingered this or something and he said it's pretty much guaranteed she asked her accountant to do this to me. She didn't know we were expecting a child at the time, so she's a piece of poo poo but not like... monstrously so. We didn't want to deal with her telling me how to do a pregnancy, if you've read my old posts you'll know how much of a prick she was about this kinda poo poo, so my wife, my coworkers, my clients and myself kept it from her. I know that sounds insane, we were dealing with insanity.
He says if she does call to tear my head off about it to make sure I record it because, oops doing all this wrong knowingly is fraud hooraaay!

How are things going for her? Well it appears that the tattoo apprentice she got in during my final months there to replace the 2 artists who quit is no longer with her (she's tattooing in the back room of a house which isn't super great...) She recently got a Ukrainian artist in, who appears to have been displaced by the war unfortunately, she's really good and seems nice so I sent her a few job listings for better shops locally to be a poo poo.

And uh yeah... we still get word down here in the new shop about her. She's been even worse to customers since we all left, so bad that we don't even really need to mention we all used to work for her, people will just be like "hey you guys work in this town, what's up with this lady?" and then we get some unhinged story about her answering the phone by yelling "I'M BUSY" and hanging up or her cancelling laser removal appointments suddenly and claiming that the machine is broken (the person in question had a few hundred euros worth of vouchers for it, which she refused to refund).
The gently caress else is there? She's either stopped buying jewellery or she finally sorted out the phone number situation because I no longer get charged customs tax for her gear, and uh we are the #1 result on Google if you look for piercings locally too now :3:

I also have a real dumb story about me getting offered my dream position in another shop in March, so much so I was looking into selling off my stock, only for them to leave me totally alone in the store over a long weekend without any guidance and them immediately firing me. That was pretty embarrassing I have to say, and sent me to a dark place, but the more I think about it the more something seemed really off about it. I'll never know because there wasnt an exit interview hoooraaay I love this industry!!! (I finally got paid for that I bought new gear for me in work)

Thank you for posting. However, this part is totally bullshit.

quote:

She didn't know we were expecting a child at the time, so she's a piece of poo poo but not like... monstrously so.

She’s the worst, don’t feel bad for saying it and don’t temper your criticism. Keep posting crazy poo poo about her!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yes, lemme say that she didn't know about my son but I'm pretty sure if she knew he was due and the massive issues I was hiding from her from my wife having health issues during the pregnancy and everything else going on she 100% would still have tried to gently caress me over like this. She's a hosed up person

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

zedprime posted:

Extremely wasting time doing :psyduck: face while doing contractor CV reviews because the most beautiful executive time cube resume landed in my inbox.

Is this what a VPs CV reads like? This is like an AI drank a data lake and barfed KPIs all over the page.
How bad is his startup doing and how much is his Harvard MBA costing if he's ready to moonlight as an SAP individual contributor?
How wasted is my own life if I never got a medal in hockey from the military academy?

Hockey Medal? Did they get a plush Seal for Marksmanship too?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lmao just got a letter in the door. She never stopped declaring the fraudulent amount of wages she was claiming I earned from her while the shop was closed for covid so now I owe a heap of my pandemic unemployment back :thumbsup:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Failson posted:

Did they get a plush Seal for Marksmanship too?

Do you mean the aquatic mammal or the war-crime-enthusiasts?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Shoehead posted:

Lmao just got a letter in the door. She never stopped declaring the fraudulent amount of wages she was claiming I earned from her while the shop was closed for covid so now I owe a heap of my pandemic unemployment back :thumbsup:

Jesus, can't you report her for fraud?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Shoehead posted:

If you can protest this in some way, you should. It should be trivially easy for you to prove that she didn't pay you any income in that timeframe.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah I think get a lawyer for that if you're able, bc that's fully just fraud she's liable for, not you. Don't just roll over and pay it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I mean this Lady has brought you and your family in financial hardship multiple times, done countless counts of tax fraud you probably don't even know about and will 100% do so again.

You should stop posting, get legal representation, talk to your IRS-equivalent with a lawyer and try to discover how much more you have gotten hosed before anything sticks to you.

That Lady needs to be stopped permanently so that she can never operate a legal business or have employees again

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Chewbecca posted:

Jesus, can't you report her for fraud?

It's been floated but that also involves speaking to tax people and for as hard as I've worked to straighten my poo poo out it makes me nervous

Dance Officer posted:

If you can protest this in some way, you should. It should be trivially easy for you to prove that she didn't pay you any income in that timeframe.

Yeah I'm gonna see if I can send them bank statements from the weeks in question, they very handily let me know exactly which weeks.

Also this is just for 2020, I claimed like 5 months of Pandemic unemployment in 2022 for example, but I know a chunk of those months she actually did her job and stopped her accountant. 2021 is a mystery.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Shoehead posted:

It's been floated but that also involves speaking to tax people and for as hard as I've worked to straighten my poo poo out it makes me nervous.

Nothing you have accidentally or intentionally done will come close to the fuckery she's done. If anything, this may unearth additional fuckery she's done that you were paying for that you can get back.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Shoehead posted:

Yeah I'm gonna see if I can send them bank statements from the weeks in question, they very handily let me know exactly which weeks.

Also this is just for 2020, I claimed like 5 months of Pandemic unemployment in 2022 for example, but I know a chunk of those months she actually did her job and stopped her accountant. 2021 is a mystery.

Bank statements only prove that the money didn't go into that particular account. Not that the money wasn't received at all.

Go directly to an attorney. Also, realize you're probably not the only one she has done this to. It's time to make her face the full consequences of her actions.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Completely agree, there is only an upside to working through this and fighting back.

Any inquiry on your will be narrow and based on material evidence they already have that is fraudulent, responding to that and doing everything you can to hold this person accountable doesn't suddenly open your entire personal financial & tax history to further investigation.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shoehead posted:

Hi I'm Irish and no you don't. Ring the number on the letter and tell them you weren't paid in that time and you don't know why your former employer is claiming you were.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ravus Ursus posted:

Nothing you have accidentally or intentionally done will come close to the fuckery she's done. If anything, this may unearth additional fuckery she's done that you were paying for that you can get back.
This. The thing to remember is that Revenue Always Gets Paid, but also Revenue Wants To Get Paid. They're not going to explode shoehead for anything that's not his fault.

Shoehead posted:

It's been floated but that also involves speaking to tax people and for as hard as I've worked to straighten my poo poo out it makes me nervous
You haven't sorted this out at all though. All these new surprises were trivial to check just by logging into your Revenue account. 2021 is only a mystery because you haven't opened Revenue and clicked the big tab saying "2021". You need to either do this right or spend the next few years finding more and more surprises and there's a point where Revenue will get sick of giving you second chances. Yes this isn't your fault, but it's your problem. You've just been bonked on the head by two big rocks and are refusing to look up the mountain because ???

The Irish Revenue service is very reasonable if they think you're acting in good faith. Right now you would bery much seem like you are not so please for the love of god log into your loving Revenue account.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 25, 2024

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Its not your fault but its your problem. Either you keep paying just to not talk on the phone or you solve all of your tax issues at once for yourself and anyone who has worked there.

In other words, Its free money

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Shoehead posted:

Nthing what others are saying here: do NOT try and sort this on your own. Get proper legal advice to help you navigate the rat's nest of shithousery that she has built. You owe it to yourself and your wife and kid not to get caught up in this, no matter how nervous you feel about talking to The Man - in fact, that's all the more reason why you need to engage professional assistane to do it for you. Good luck!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My boss has been coughing for over a week at work. Now I'm feeling sick, throat sore, sneezed like 20 times today, great.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Shoehead, if you won't do it for yourself, look at your little one and do it for them. They deserve a dad who isn't on tenterhooks waiting for the next shitnugget to hit their life

I didn't do my taxes for 7 years due to a mix of depression and thinking I had to pay out of pocket for health insurance while I was unemployed for six months. The relief I felt when I went to a tax professional and got my poo poo sorted was one of the best things I've ever felt, and I actually wound up getting a lot back.

Seriously just get it done, you aren't going to be hauled off to the gulag and the relief and security you'll have after will be life changing. Also you may find new gobbets of fuckery to share with us :dance:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

His Divine Shadow posted:

My boss has been coughing for over a week at work. Now I'm feeling sick, throat sore, sneezed like 20 times today, great.

This exact poo poo just happened to me. Love it. LOVE IT.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Thank's lads I'll grab my accountant again and see what we can do to nail this rear end in a top hat to a wall. I really regret not taking her to the Workplace Relations Commission when I could but I was just so desperate to get away from her and the whole abusive situation

Splicer posted:

Hi I'm Irish and no you don't. Ring the number on the letter and tell them you weren't paid in that time and you don't know why your former employer is claiming you were.

Thanks in particular for this, I'll give em a shout and tell them exactly that.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Frazzbo posted:

Nthing what others are saying here: do NOT try and sort this on your own. Get proper legal advice to help you navigate the rat's nest of shithousery that she has built. You owe it to yourself and your wife and kid not to get caught up in this, no matter how nervous you feel about talking to The Man - in fact, that's all the more reason why you need to engage professional assistane to do it for you. Good luck!

:yeah:

Speaking as someone who is The Man adjacent, you should contact them ASAP to sort this out.

If the person you talk to is anything like me, they're infinitely more likely to do whatever they can to help you out if you're proactively communicating with them than if you ignore them and they have to chase you down.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ScreenDoorThrillr posted:

love 2 be given poo poo for taking a day of leave. I have 70 days of annual leave in my account

The nice thing about this is that you've got two 6-work-week vacations which you should now plan for several months in the future. Just tell your employer that you're going to be taking them, because a well rested employee is an effective employee.

I will also support you actually trying to do something about this. And, if you're nervous about this, talking to an attorney or an accountant to help on your behalf is probably the best thing you can do here; they'll face what are going to sound like the difficult questions for you, even if they're probably perfectly reasonable ones.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I can't speak for the UK, but in the US the IRS is willing to get very, very fast and loose if you hand them a bigger fish to fine. My aunt worked for a real estate agency that was doing Big Serious Crime (employing realtors as contractors, which is normal, but declaring them on their taxes as full W2 employees, which is not) and the IRS was going straight for her head until she pointed this out. They sent out an auditor who looked at her personal books and sealed her case in a single day, stating that the fines her employer was on the hook for were far greater than anything she could possibly owe and plus she was a cooperating witness now.

The real estate agency ceased to exist shortly thereafter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shoehead posted:

Thank's lads I'll grab my accountant again and see what we can do to nail this rear end in a top hat to a wall. I really regret not taking her to the Workplace Relations Commission when I could but I was just so desperate to get away from her and the whole abusive situation

Thanks in particular for this, I'll give em a shout and tell them exactly that.

Good luck gentle goon, thoughts and prayers to Satan on your behalf