Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Shithouse Dave posted:

The H key only works sometimes.

Nobody wonders why you’re ordering so many pounds of ops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

My boss two days ago: add X to this document then send back to me

Me: *does that*

Today:

My boss: Can you explain to me what the justification was for having X in the document

:psyduck: you....YOU MADE ME DO IT.

Luckily it's a thread I can point that out in but jfc.

One of my first bosses would do this constantly. Even better was when she’d give you verbal instructions that she’d then forget about until half-remembering them later, and get annoyed that what you’d done didn’t match her new idea of what you should do.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

His Divine Shadow posted:

I can tell people here are fed up with checklists, papers, routines and convoluted systems that the boss invents that only make sense to him and nobody else. It'll just be one more thing that is eventually forgotten.

Just checking then, you don’t work with hazardous chemicals, contagious diseases, or radioactive material, right? If so I need to know where you work within 100km so I know not to move there.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Outrail posted:

Aggressively use the stress balls in whoever's office thought that up.

For best results position an open flame somewhere nearby before bursting the flour balloon

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m very practical and don’t publicly lose my mind when things are going sideways.

This is a surprisingly large part of what being competent is at most jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Thesaurus posted:

As often in this thread, I'm glad I don't know what any of this means

I think somebody opened a bunch of tabs and never gets around to closing them