Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
My work sent me a free monitor, chair, and keyboard and mouse for home working so I'm pretty happy.

Worst is that now the threshold for calling a meeting is 1000x lower than before, so my day is just back to back meetings and no one actually has time to do any work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

yaffle posted:

Our school switched from zoom to teams because "zoom is banned in china" (it still works). If you think zoom is irritating, try to imagine a Microsoft version.
Teams is actually pretty good, esp if you use the other features like calendar integration, the chat groups, IM, file sharing/collab, etc.

And, if you're bored you can switch it to "under the sea" mode where then on your screen (and your screen only) all of the participants with cameras on are bobbing about among the ocean coral while they're talking about today's numbers.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

shut up blegum posted:

How do I do this? tia
During a meeting hit the three dots at the top for the menu. There should be one called 'together mode'. The default view is all of you sat in theatre seats, but bottom left there should be a 'change scene' button. Then you can choose all sorts of scenes including under the sea or some sort of minecraft field.

Switching to together mode doesn't change it for anyone else. BUT, when you change scene anyone else that happens to be using together mode will switch to that scene too. So you can have separate IMs with your buddies loling when you change the senior management pep talk to under the sea.

Looks like this
https://twitter.com/codepo8/status/1329117179468541953

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

My work will buy me home office stuff for WFH. It's a pretty good deal. It's a massive company, so the policy is set centrally but the people that do the purchasing are just your local dept's admin staff.

We have a budget of £35 for a headset for conference calls. I've asked them to just get me £12 in-ear headphones with a mic (think standard no-brand wired apple earphones). They are refusing to order them for me because "it's meant for a headset not earphones". (90% of people on calls use normal earphones not headsets).

Similarly, we have a specific catalogue for office chairs, with the policy saying we must get these ones because they've been assessed as suitable quality & compliant with the various health & safety regs. I choose one from that list, only to get told "sorry it's too expensive can please find a cheaper one from Amazon and we will order you that".

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

that's some great urinal etiquette.

That is every urinal in UK schools