Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I go into the bathroom and it smells like chemical death. I ask the person tasked with cleaning which cleaning agents they used. They respond- I wanted to get it real clean so I used bleach, then I poured some ammonia on it and mopped it all up. It stinks in there right? ☹️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

I do boring science stuff. At my new job I’ve been stretching out about 6 hours of work out over a 40 hour workweek. Most of my job is setting up a machine for a run, then letting the machine do all the work for 6 hours while I look at my phone/computer at my desk, then come back collect samples and clean. I read SOP’s and have to make solutions and stuff sometimes but that’s all I do. I spend a lot of time writing and looking and music gear that I don’t buy. Anybody got any good podcast recommendations?

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Waiting for a a potluck/pizza party thing to start. My cookies will blow everyone’s else’s baked treats out of the water since I am good as gently caress at baking. Ready to flex on these nerds.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

I just wear one earbud so I can still hear a bit of my surroundings and still listen to dumb poo poo while getting stuff done. I’m sure some Lundberg might still have a problem with it but nobody cares here.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

I currently make more than I ever have to drive to an office 5 days a week and do nothing for 8 hrs plus an hour lunch break. I had a day of work 2 weeks ago, and I just got word that I’ll have another day of work in 2 weeks.I mean I can’t complain too much, but it’s ultimately unfulfilling. Thinking about studying to be a project manager or computer toucher.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Dameius posted:

Play your cards right (or wrong?) and you can have computer toucher money doing the exact same level of work as you are now.

Ahhh, life could be a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Outrail posted:

E: ^^^ or that

If you're doing nothing for 8 hours a day can you enroll in a course and get paid to pick up an advanced degree?

I do not have any degrees. My company agreed to pay for my school so I’ll start taking a few classes in the summer and try to do full time in the fall. In the meantime I’m gonna start working through googles project management course to get a feel of if that’s the direction I wanna go in. I worked in manufacturing and doing boring science stuff so long that I’ve kinda lost interest so I’d like to try something else that pays well hopefully.

Thesaurus posted:

The book "bullshit jobs" talks about this subclass of bullshit job. It sounds perfect on the surface, but it eventually drives people completely insane because you feel like you have no purpose

Yeah, it’s kind of a mindfuck. I like feeling productive.