Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I worked all the stat holidays this holiday season because nobody told me otherwise and that's how we've always done it. When I didn't get paid I inquired about it.

Manager said she texted me and I said I didn't get it. I get a nasty condescending letter asking what I did on days I worked "after being told not to" like I just loving love my job so much I couldn't stay away.

A lightbulb goes on and I find my old phone I hadn't bothered to cancel because it was cheap and I'm lazy. Sure enough she didn't update my number on her phone when I informed the company.

I gleefully tell her I'll need to speak to her manager about this situation and how she felt the need to treat me and I get no reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Baconroll posted:

When Saddam took loads of Westerns hostage to form the human shield in the run up to the Gulf War it included a bunch of UK Civil Servants.

The Civil Service helpfully let the media know that the time being held hostage would have to count against their vacation days - for real.

It did get overturned after some outrage in the media but just the mindset of even uttering that statement...

Holy gently caress

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's just greedy, with nearly a stolen mil in the bank I sure as gently caress wouldn't be living anywhere that extradites to the US.