Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

My current job is actually pretty great, not much to complain about, aside from the workload/pace being a bit frantic at times but management is generally understanding and supportive of us. I have worked a few engineering jobs now though and I have to ask, does ANYONE in engineering/manufacturing use good ERP software? They all seem like they were written by some loving university student who just discovered Access. Why is enterprise software always so bad? I don't get it

I used to work for Epicor, an ERP and POS software company. I can tell you with confidence that 3 people wrote most of the software. The POS software was literally one guy and most of his time was spent customizing the software to include the clients branding. Is the new patch out? No, because Khan is making sure the backgrounds on the Coach POS are all centered exactly.

Our ticketing system was in dos and didn't support mice, this was in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My company is investing in Augmented Reality mirrors and IT has to install them in stores.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I'm glad we all share the same sentiment for Crestron

edit:

Catastrophe posted:

edit: My M3 was sick as hell and gently caress that racist piece of poo poo.

I'd kill a man to get my hands on a good E-series

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Ravus Ursus posted:

I have tried, so many times, to push the argument that, instead of 2 1080p 20 inch monitors, I could be better off with a 4k 40 inch TV.

I worked for a place that tried this for a single department with the idea of rolling it out wider and it was nothing but complaints from users. The main 2 were the eye strain from the lower refresh rate(we had TVs that only support 30hz at 4K) and neck strain from looking up. Specifically from looking at the top of the screen to enter URLs, we weren't able to train them to use anything other than fullscreen mode for applications.

The idea was scrapped

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

I hate this gay earth

(Please note, I don't work at a software company. hell, we're not even an Apple shop)