Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Changing internal knowledgebases once about every year or so because someone else gets the ear of someone high up and thinks they know how to make a better one. Every time we migrate, a little bit of information gets left behind, and people get a little bit more confused about where to go for what information. Glad I'm not working support anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

We're moving onto a new ticket system because the rest of the company is and we're being forced to, but our engineering group is so stubborn and has the company wrapped around their finger that they refused to change and are sticking with JIRA which actually works a lot better for their needs than this new one. As it turns out the new ticket system is barely ready and still mostly broken after being in the works for about a year now but because they've poured so many resources into it they're forcing everyone to migrate NOW and provide DAILY FEEDBACK about how GREAT this new system is.

The pisser is my department facilitates discussions and bug fixes/feature requests between the entire company and the engineers, so we are being asked to use both systems at the same time, creating tickets in the new one to say that we had to make a ticket in JIRA and putting a link to the JIRA ticket in the ticket we made in the new system. When talking to my boss about how loving asinine this is his response was a shrug emoji. They should ban that emoji from Slack.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The whole company had to attend a zoom thing earlier this week for a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT and as people were coming in there was no audio so people didn't know if the audio was working. The person kicking off the meeting, the head of our human resources department, said out loud "Is nobody saying anything right now or is the audio just being re****ed?" Not even like she accidentally said something without realizing she was muted, she was legitimately asking someone out there if the audio was just being re****ed.

Someone was like "oh nobody's talking yet" and this person just moved on like she said nothing out of the ordinary. Every single person in my team was already there and immediately went to slack to be like "did anybody else just hear that??", as was I'm sure hundreds of other people who were filtering in at that point. Just seriously unbelievable poo poo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I applied for a new job internally today because I'm sick of the dumb poo poo my boss does and would happily dump the poo poo off on him that only I knew how to do. I hate that time between sending in the application and waiting for my boss to find out that I did :ohdear:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's almost an identical situation where I am right now, there's a "Pay raise freeze" until the middle or end of the year which to be fair is of no fault of my boss' but we're all already 2 years overdue on performance reviews/raises and have since ticked over to "well once pay raises open back up if you all deserve raises you can get them" despite busting our asses over these last 2 years to get the company to a point where it's more profitable than it's ever been and had a goddamn superbowl commercial this year. They tried to say "The freeze also means people can't change departments" but we're actively looking to hire new people for our department and there's like 3 pages of jobs listed on the website so gently caress it I put in an application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AHH F/UGH posted:

Big mood right here. I always have to come up with some kind of manufactured and unique situation to ask my boss about. "So I've been getting a lot of calls about X, what do you think we should tell them, blah blah blah" "Sounds good, I'll send them an email once I hear back". I feel like I'm writing extra lines in a high school essay to stretch out the word length because the reality is always the same: I answer a few phone calls, I respond to a few emails, I play games and watch youtube the rest of the time. The only difference is now I do the latter instead of just lightly tapping my keyboard in my cubicle so that my boss hears the faint click-click-click and *thinks* that I'm working on something.

Lol in my current position I'm unfortunately the one asking people on these calls what they're doing and having done this before myself I can only :hmmyes: when someone who I know is generally busy throughout the day pulls this out for me unless I know they're actually not pulling their weight. I always thought of George from Seinfeld writing down a bunch of talking points for when he calls his mother so he has topics to discuss and keep the conversation moving along.