Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

The Voice of Labor posted:

A little bit of polanski movie viewing guilt can be leveraged out, he made all his good movies before doing the child rape.

The pianist is an amazing movie that I watched before I knew about Polanski the person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

fr0id posted:

Fair warning, I’m not a great poster, but I know lots of folks on here are. I would like to hear people’s thoughts on watching content with artistic input from controversial people.

I think just saying "Controversial" is underselling it almost to the point of dishonesty when you're talking about Polanski, Spacey, etc. More accurate would be "lovely dudes" (can't help but noting they are all men) or perhaps more simply "Bad people who make good art."

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

sticklefifer posted:

First Blood examined PTSD and the horrible way the US treated returning Vietnam vets,

Actually that part of rambo has been roundly criticized in recent years.

PTSD and vagrancy sure, but the "spit on me and call me baby killer" bit has not really been part of contemporaneous accounts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spitting_Image