Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

stratdax posted:

If you can't divorce art from the artist, I guess you can't listen to Led Zeppelin ever.

No great loss tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

massive spider posted:

I watched LA Confidential last night and it was weird seeing Kevin Spacey in it, even though he's not the only shithead to appear on screen theres something about how the characters he portrays tend to have an innate slimey-shithead-ness to them too.

if anything, what we know about Spacey now almost adds to his character there (a character whose major sin is horribly betraying a young, naive gay actor)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

how many of y’all listen to choirs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i feel like there's not much to be said about this topic other than "everybody draws the line somewhere different for which bad people's art they are able to enjoy, and it's not worth being a dick to other people about drawing that line somewhere different than you do"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Darko posted:

As an example, I just refuse to watch that scene in Friday the 13th; it leaves such a bad taste in my mouth (having a pet snake makes it worse, too), and I've probably seen the first one the least of all of them possibly for this reason.

that scene and the story behind it are incredibly sad, I have to fast forward past that bit when I watch the movie now

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'd still dig up Kubrick's old rear end and slap him, rest in piss imo

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

edit: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

You show me a soldier who willingly signed up for the army for reasons other than "I had no choice due to my financial situation" or "it was this or prison" and I'll spit on them and call them worse than a baby killer right now.

lol