Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Blues exists, why in the hell do you need to listen to Led Zepplin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ain't that always the way.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

oneforthevine posted:

She was never his adopted daughter, she was André Previn’s. I’m not saying you have to approve of the relationship, but these outright falsehoods do not help anyone’s case, and people need to stop sharing them as truth.
Another factual statement is that Woody Allen is a chimo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pirate Jet posted:

I believe the situation was that the stuntman died during the production of Dark of the Moon, and so The Island’s shot was reused in its place.

I'm glad you remembered that right.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Voice of Labor posted:

there actually is. on a conceptual level, if you need security, you've hosed up somewhere in society, either inequity or society tolerating/advocating a perverse set of values. cops are never the right answer.

on a pragmatic level, yes, it's systemic. cops are racist slave catchers and union skull crackers. that is the role of policing under capitalism. that is why police departments were formed, it's what they do.

law enforcement being depicted as heroes is pure fiction and there's so much of it because it's advantageous to capital for you to really believe and internalize that fiction

It's so funny because the whole genre of Wild West tales and westerns are so often explicitly about how novel the idea of "policing" is yet now it's treated as though society would literally not exist without it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Rambo 2 is probably my favorite example of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Trautman made me!