Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Martman posted:

Saying Louis CK was "always a creep" because he joked about masturbating a lot or something is really stupid and downplays the reality of him actually turning out to have done bad things.

I don't know about you, but when George Carlin used to say that people with crutches jumping off the roof of a flaming hospital was what he wanted to see on TV, I knew then and there he was histories greatest monster, because all comedy is meant to be taken seriously and at face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There is a film where a stunt man hit a bridge and died and that shot is in the film, but cuts before impact. I don't remember what film though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

One of my absolute favorite movies growing up was The Adventures of Milo and Otis. It’s is probably not something that I would watch regularly if it was just a regular movie but it’s very likely that animals were mistreated in the making of that movie (the worst allegations involve tabby cats falling off of cliffs and Pugs facing down a bear, although no one has ever actually confirmed these allegations). But my good memories of it from childhood still exist in my head as well. poo poo, I had an orange outdoor cat who was around for many years, long after I had last watched the movie, who I called Milo. It’s obviously not quite Cannibal Holocaust but it’s an example of the complicated feelings that can come up when we process art.

edit:
What in the absolute gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXo7EgOxtc

If it makes you feel better, no one can actually find a source for any of this, so it's possible it's just an internet rumor.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chuck Manson's album was pretty decent though. Too bad about all the rest.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I was genuinely surprised how many people were holding onto the idea that MJ is innocent before that doc came out.

It surprises me how many still do after, too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blood Boils posted:

That was definitely the cast & crew having a joke at nerd media's expense.

Like, I'm pretty sure they didn't actually have psychologists on set because the comical SciFi action of crime clown & gator boy was just too intense lol

He's still an alleged pedo and proven cult leader creep.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He probably is, but you also shouldn’t believe everything said to hype up movies is always literally true and the “tales of joker on set” stuff was very clearly intentional hype about how edgy and raw the joker is that even in real life he’s driving the actors mad.

Oh I agree, but it's very easy to believe he, a scumbag, would do poo poo like send used condoms to his female cast mates "to get into character."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

twerking on the railroad posted:

Actually that part of rambo has been roundly criticized in recent years.

PTSD and vagrancy sure, but the "spit on me and call me baby killer" bit has not really been part of contemporaneous accounts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spitting_Image

You show me a soldier who willingly signed up for the army for reasons other than "I had no choice due to my financial situation" or "it was this or prison" and I'll spit on them and call them worse than a baby killer right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

uh, you know the draft didn't end until after vietnam. it was the antiwar movement making a case that it's immoral to serve, even if compelled to, that ended the draft.

I bring this up because it was really not the case that people signed up for vietnam

I figured the draft would go without saying. It's no one's fault who was drafted, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PeterCat posted:

Hi there!

I'm not actually going to derail the thread but if you really want someone to insult you this badly I suggest looking for a mistress (or master, whatever you're into) instead of asking for it on internet forums! Short of that, you can DM me if you want me to let you know exactly what I think of you and your disgusting profession. This will be my last post on the matter!