Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

I got the tude now posted:

i haven't watched his new poo poo i feel conflicted about his response and wonder if he's actually remorseful or just pathetic, but criticism to his new material seems fueled by a desire not to give a comedian the benefit of the doubt because of his sexual deviance. his best show literally opens with his defense of using slurs and people giving contextless examples of his new bits as evidence he's a right winger now is dubious at best.

I just recently watched his last special he put up on his website, and I have no clue what people are talking about with right-wing/chud stuff. He doesn't say anything that wouldn't fit in with the jokes he made before. It's weird. When you already have a perfectly acceptable reason not to like somebody, why bother making poo poo up?

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

I don't think I've seen Stanley Kubrick mentioned in this thread.

I honestly feel uncomfortable watching The Shining after realizing just how much he terrorized Shelly Duvall. She's not even really acting at a certain point, it's just her having a nervous breakdown because of his treatment of her. Scatman Crothers was forced to do a scene so many times he eventually just broke down into tears. Also, he pretty much harassed Stephen King, day and night, calling him at all hours and asking him bizarre questions while the movie was being produced. All this is even weirder when you read how protective he was over making sure Danny Lloyd wasn't exposed to any of the horror elements of the story.

Kubrick is considered one of the great, and a good chunk of his films are classic, but I think you could call him a controversial figure.

Do his other movies have as many hosed up stories surrounding it as The Shining does?

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 11, 2021

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

it's funny, just today this rare interview with duvall was published

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1359870542665416705

i watched it last week and i can't believe her performance was that maligned when it came out

Thank you for sharing this.