Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Darko posted:

Victor Salva literally raped a kid that was in his movie that he filmed wandering around in tightey whities for waaaaaaay too long, so his stuff is even more included in his work than normal.

Yeah that's the hosed up thing about Clownhouse. It starts with the typical male gaze unnecessary scene of the protagonist in their underwear that is so common in slasher films but this time it's the 12 year old boy that the director was raping. People often ask if it's possible to separate the art from the artist, but in so many cases the art was how the artist was finding people to victimize. Allen, Silva, and Polanski all specifically went after people they worked with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Louis C.K. did technically apologize, but he also wrote, directed, produced, and starred in a passion project about how it's ok to be a sex pest and went full chud after he wasn't immediately forgiven and allowed to go back to pretending it never happened.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I just recently watched his last special he put up on his website, and I have no clue what people are talking about with right-wing/chud stuff. He doesn't say anything that wouldn't fit in with the jokes he made before. It's weird. When you already have a perfectly acceptable reason not to like somebody, why bother making poo poo up?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/louis-cks-leaked-comedy-set-panders-to-the-alt-right

quote:

He bemoans how younger people will tell him, in relation to gender identification, that he has to use specific pronouns preferred by the person. “They’re like royalty!” he said. “They tell you what to call them. ‘You should address me as they/them, because I identify as gender-neutral.’ Oh, OK. You should address me as ‘there’ because I identify as a location. And the location is your mother’s oval office.”

He used the only conservative joke.

oneforthevine posted:

This is at worst an ignorant parroting of tabloid headlines and at worst a willful misrepresentation of what happened.

Soon-Yi has said many, many times that Allen was not a father figure to her. You’re certainly welcome to think their age gap is gross, or to have feelings about Allen’s potential sexual assault of Dylan Farrow (and I wouldn’t blame anyone for deciding that is a deal breaker), but you’re doing yourself and your argument a disservice by pretending there was no nuance to this situation.

There's nothing incestuous about this relationship because I was never there for my adopted daughter is not the stellar defense you think it is and I'm going to remain skeptical of the testimonial of a woman still in a relationship with a known abuser.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Am I the only one that can't stand seeing Tom Cruise in anything because of his involvement in scientology? I know there's a ton of celebrities in the church, but Tom Cruise is the only one high up enough that I feel is actually culpable in the poo poo the church gets up to. I haven't really been able to watch his movies since he went on that rant about psychiatry and that was back in 2005 long before the church had been accused of covering up rapes committed by members.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dirty Harry is weird because he's based off of the guy that ended up never catching the Zodiac Killer.