Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
loving about with truck suspension at your level of knowledge/experience will save you money twice - you're not paying someone else to do the job, and you're unlikely to be around long enough for the money you took out of your pension to matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rytheric posted:

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?
At least if the engine dies while it's idling, there's an improved chance that you won't.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I actually didn't know they did ring mains in the UK until minutes ago and I am not sure if I should be horrified or dying of laughter that the British wire their houses like Christmas lights.

E: Yes, I know it's not exactly like Christmas lights, but it's funnier to me this way.
It's actually a pretty reasonable system, but yes, I think we're the only country who does it like that.

It's one of those things that doesn't seem at all odd when you're used to it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rytheric posted:

Everything else has been okay. I just didn't consider the fumes a big deal because I didn't see it ever happening or how much co was produced. All someone had to do was link quantified numbers of what comes out. Rather than telling me what it does. As dumb as it was. That was my logic. Shouting it louder isn't really a good technique of persuasion.
You're too dense for "quantified numbers" to be of any value, and besides, you'd just do a Google search and find a reason why THOSE NUMBERS ARE ACTUALLY TOTALLY FINE GUYS BECAUSE REASONS.

We're pretty much at the stage where the value of the advice given here is that the archived version of this thread can be referenced after your death to shortcut explaining things longhand to the next person to come along with a similar idea.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

There's an either forum where a lot of posters willingly do that with cars.

Dumping money into a vehicle worth a pittance is the last thing I'm going to be critical of. At least the RyTrukk is fixable, I dont see anything terminal
SA posters: "Anyone who really knows cars will tell you not to dump more than a vehicle is worth into it. Especially not repeatedly."

AI posters: "Uhhh, yeah. We'll tell you that..."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rytheric posted:

I'm not relying on my boss for protections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Thumposaurus posted:

What are you eating now that you've been educated?
9000mg of sodium a day.