Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Motronic posted:

Look, I ran afoul of this thread so I've come back to make amends. Comments like this aren't constructive at all. I know, because I made them too.

What we need are real solutions for Rys problems, and sitting around shitposting isn't going to make this happen.

I have begun my experiments in how to use a power saw without all the noise. In this first attempt I've tried to duplicate the things Ry will have access to on his job site and removed the battery from the saw so you know I'm not trying to pull a fast one on any of you.

The setup needs a bit of work, but it's seriously almost perfect as it is. Just a few clamps and it should be totally efficient.

https://i.imgur.com/Uuei2iV.gifv

lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Kim Jaym Il posted:

I'm sure you know plenty about a lot of things and are good at what you do, I'm saying you're being really aggressive and creepy in your multi post crusade to prove that the OP is lying about something to you.

I have absolutely no problem with someone pointing out, in detail, how dangerous something is. The further posts are due to that advice being completely ignored. An amateur that thinks they know better than a professional is how people get killed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just give him 40k for it as a thank you for giving you the opportunity to buy it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

corgski posted:

Holy poo poo dude you're being taken for a ride. Get an agent and start looking for land through them and accept that this is sunk costs on a literal scam.

2-1 that they don't even own the land they're 'selling'.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Does having a realtor correlate with high down payment?

(i'll never be able to afford property so I know nothing about this.)

No and I'm frankly baffled that he thinks it does.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Poster with vast knowledge on the subject: Here is an itemised list of why this is a bad idea and how you are incorrect in your opinion. Please let me explain in detail how you will get yourself out of this mess and avoid it in future.

OP: Nuh uh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You're a lost cause.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Why not jack the truck up with a bouncy castle? That way when the spring explodes it simply bounces back into place.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A lot of these frankly baffling decisions could be caused by carbon monoxide exposure.

Please get it checked out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jaded Burnout posted:

I think this was more of a "didn't say I shouldn't" rather than "didn't deny permission", but yeah I did get an odd married couple / findom vibe there.

Rytheric, just for some background if I remember my high school biology correctly, CO fucks you up over long term exposure to even small amounts because it attaches onto your blood cells permanently, taking up a spot that would normally be used by O2 (or CO2? Or both? It's been like 20 years).

That means you progressively lose breathing capacity until such a time as those red blood cells die and are replaced. Which is.. (google google google) 5 months?

The amount of CO you're exposed to only changes how fast you lose the ability to breathe, and I think CO alarms go off when it's like "you will die tonight" rates of exposure.

Long term low exposure has lots of very weird side effects too.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160412018312807

Exposure above 1000ppm affects decision making for one.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

duomo posted:

tired: load bearing drywall
wired: load bearing cushion

live: the chassis of the box truck after Ry attempts to fix his battery issue

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Ah, the old positive ground. Gettin' British with it.

Yeah why not put a ring circuit in this thing. If you're already going out your way to make it as dangerously stupid as possible you should shoot for the stars.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ring mains are different to radial wiring which most of the world uses.

InitialDave posted:

It's actually a pretty reasonable system, but yes, I think we're the only country who does it like that.

It's one of those things that doesn't seem at all odd when you're used to it.

I mean it doesn't seem odd because its how everything is, but I'd rather we had radials simply for fault finding purposes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Same reason he's attached to this poo poo piece of land.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think this thread needs to be closed. Its clear anything negative is just brushed away and anything positive, however tiny or sarcastic is grasped upon as encouragement to keep going down this path. There is no net benefit to both the OP or anyone posting in this for it to continue. Its just going to be used as validation for the bizarre decisions being made until something horrific happens.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Something i've been wondering. Where do you do your laundy and wash/bathe? I assume at your bosses place from what you've written previously. What will you do when you're full time in the truck?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He's going to talk to them about the automatic shotgun he's going to purchase to shoot anyone that comes in the back and then get stopped by every patrol car for the rest of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I refer to my previous post.

Close the thread. We're just watching someone kill themselves at this point.