Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Personally I would reassess anything construction-related that raises one, much less many red flags with both D-LINK and Motronic, but :shrug: I'm just a basic bitch weekend warrior doing reno in the suburbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Motronic posted:

Look, I ran afoul of this thread so I've come back to make amends. Comments like this aren't constructive at all. I know, because I made them too.

What we need are real solutions for Rys problems, and sitting around shitposting isn't going to make this happen.

I have begun my experiments in how to use a power saw without all the noise. In this first attempt I've tried to duplicate the things Ry will have access to on his job site and removed the battery from the saw so you know I'm not trying to pull a fast one on any of you.

The setup needs a bit of work, but it's seriously almost perfect as it is. Just a few clamps and it should be totally efficient.

https://i.imgur.com/Uuei2iV.gifv

See if you were excavator certified that baby would be in two pieces.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

oggb posted:

Like it or not this will never be your thread and nobody is here to listen to you piss and moan about HeS DoInG IT WrOnG u GuYs He S So DuMb Do It My WAy so please stop trying so hard.

This thread is funny. You were funny for a couple of posts. Now you're annoying and dragging the whole mood down.

Who hurt you?

He's trying to use his vast experience to ground the OP and help make sure at least one of the projects gets done instead of just watching someone set money on fire. Sorry if reality is a bummer for you.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

It being legal doesn't mean you aren't getting taken advantage of.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Co2 also comes out the exhaust too right? So I mean there's that. Id be more concerned of that being more likely given co is a byproduct of incomplete combustion where as I'd hope there would be more complete combustion than incomplete.

Rytheric posted:

I meant one is more likely to happen. Co is like a sometimes snack that happens while co2 will always happen. That's why I'm less concerned about it. Why would I worry about a gas that is only sometimes produced when I rarely run the engine while im inside. That makes the chances of it being an issue rather slim in my mind. Like less than a handful of chances per winter. Perhaps I'm over analyzing it though. Regardless I will restore the exhaust to start going out the side at the rear like it did initially.

Your 25 year old truck is not achieving complete combustion, and ANY exposure to CO is dangerous. This is the difference between the clean formulas of textbook chemistry and how things work in the real world.

My knee-jerk reaction is to put this into a geology analogy to help illustrate it, but geology is not my area of expertise. However it is worth noting that little self-check I did there is what you are not doing, and what is making so many people increasingly upset itt. You have so many people with such a wide array of experience who are screaming about how dangerous this is, and you're armchair wikipedia-ing away their advice without any basis in reality.

It does seem worth noting running a car in an unventilated garage is literally a method people use to intentionally kill themselves. You are essentially recreating that setup by having your exhaust run in a way that it goes into the area where you sleep.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I gave the guy an extra $500 to hold on to it

By no means am I a finance person, but it may be a good plan to go into these potential purchases ready to walk away or roll the dice on someone else buying it instead of throwing extra money at people to hold on to things while you get the cash. That seems to be a recurring theme.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Edit: I was putting 26% of my income into my 401k. Which my match bumped that up to 30%. That 24% was being wasted on overpriced apartment bachelor pad that never got used as such and a overpriced vehicle.

This is turning into a dogpile, but there is a middle ground between an overpriced apartment with two (!) brand new (!) vehicles for one person and living in the back of a truck with mechanical issues. No one here can tell you what your $/month value would be out of something with consistent electricity and ventilation, but I have to believe there are studio apartments or something similarly ascetic that would be way less than your previous place but still a space to call your own while you work on projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

It's like this thread is actively designed to draw diehards from different SA subforums here to yell at one person. First it was HCH, then AI, and now YLLS is going to get their turn.