Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

So for anyone wondering this is who I look up to as a role model and model for how I want to live off the land with my tiny homes.
https://youtu.be/Hr5s0ps9rAQ

I don't like how his rainwater barrels are the same color as his poop barrels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CubicalSucrose posted:

Now that all that is cleared up, I wanted to share out the origin story for Rytheric, since not everyone plays or played Toilet Eve.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post508114683

:kimchi:

OP please reconsider putting a fire pit inside the truck. instead you could build a fire pit outside the truck and not die from CO inhalation

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

I have a personal vendetta against indoor plumbing and pooping, showering, and cooking where you sleep in general. It unnatural and It gets worse in a tiny house.

thats why doors were invented

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

someone posted about reinventing housing from first principles and yeah here we are.

at least it didnt take 10k years this time

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

showers are really inefficient wrt to water usage, so i think you should get a tub instead, so you can bathe in it. then you could call the structure a bath house, instead it's about the size of a room really, so maybe you could call it The Bath Room

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

op what job do you have to complete to get the other 1/2 of the 20?

op is gonna live off the land he has no use for $20s anymore

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Snowpiercer, but not even remotely sustainable and perpetually on fire.

Ashblunter

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Timbershitter love best love??

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Should have sold the X imo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think they are called barn doors, an i think this is the only situation they might fit (instead of in a random mcmansion)

like this one https://www.amazon.com/Barn-Complete-Knotty-Alder-Hardware/dp/B01M6WN692

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 14, 2021

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

you should start budgeting for real lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

I need pictures of this boxcar for research purposes

Seconded.

Tip posted:

Boxcars also come with wood flooring that looks good once you sand it down and treat it.

Isn't that wood flooring treated with a bunch of really nasty chemicals to keep them waterproof? Or were just pallets that had that treatment, I'm not sure...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solid choice

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Fidelitious posted:

"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

wait how many dimensions goes GroverTruk have??

how many dimensions do you got

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I saw the thread title change and I thought the boxtruck had caught on fire or something.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

So I talked to my boss and a couple of structural engineers at work today about the land situation. They agree not to spend more money on the property. My boss still prefers the idea of me getting it as long as the owner refinances the property and makes an effort to make it sellable. Other than that he agrees with what my friends on the internet say. Except he didn't seem thrilled about reinvesting the money into the suspension. He didn't say no, but he wasn't thrilled with the idea. This is partly because our state doesn't include the suspension as part of our safety inspection other than if the steering works good enough which echoes what my mechanic friend was saying. Still I think im going to get it done anyway.

Also, the structural engineers didn't batt an eye about the though of French doors in the box truck. They mentioned that they have a relative that does conversions and builds tiny homes for a living. I can probably network with him.

Why does your boss have any say on how you spend your money on the truck, again?

Also your colleagues have very bad opinions.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Very stupid question: How is the exhaust seeping into the box cabin if the pipe is pointing downwards in the middle of a presumably solid floor? Is it a question of the exhaust seeping through some really small cracks in the floor and/or through the back and through the door seams?

I'm assuming the box truck is outside or something where the truck's own air intakes doesn't come into play, but I have no idea...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I forgot he has no back doors. Thanks y'all

quote="Fermented Tinal" post="512899010"]
E: GroverTruk's floor is old wood planks and they're not in great shape.
[/quote]

Ahh right. I thought the wooden planks were resting on a metal subfloor thing.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 2, 2021

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AdmiralViscen posted:

Sell the truck

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Hey have you tried not using the stock market as a savings account and setting up a realistic budget?

I posted how Ry should start budgeting for real and I got blown off by him because he claimed toilet EVE was supposed to help him develop better financial skills

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 2, 2021

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

I don't want the debt. I kind of took to Dave Ramsey kind of hard. I was turning my wheels and barely staying afloat with an overpriced apartment and financing a 2019 Subaru crosstrek/2020 subaru ascent on top of student loans. Following Dave Ramseys advice and my bosses advise I got rid of the apartment and my Subarus and decided from then on I'd either buy a home in cash or borrow from my 401k which I recall getting the idea from minority mindset and my boss.

I'm shocked

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

we should stop calling the truk GroverTruk and just call it RyTruck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

Only eating one bucket of kfc with Mac and cheese instead of two and two chicken biscuit from McDonald's in the morning.

I need to find a better fast food option til I get out of the habit.

Probably going to cut the Mac and cheese. I normally don't eat it.

ry get a kitchen