Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Rytheric posted:

Lol no. I specifically want an outhouse detached from my tiny home cause I don't want all my belongings to smell of feces.

Unfortunately the residential code in the state I live in requires that a tiny house to have a kitchen, a kitchen sink, and a water closet with toilet and at least a shower. But I want none of those things in my tiny homes. I want a detached shower house with shitter and a detached kitchen outbuilding.

Oh my goodness it's Rytheric. So check this out, OP. This sounds like an issue, but hold on. I'm actually the Director of Residential Permit Sales for <your state>. I'm sure that we can come to an arrangement. Hell, with the right permits, if you're interested, you can even do some mining. Depending on what you're looking for, I can provide a package deal for not just the truck, but it'll also cover the other structures and any other permanent or temporary guests that might be associated with you. What do you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Rytheric posted:

That sound awesome if youre willing to talk some about it message me. Im weary if the county would just override it. What I want isn't much i just want a detached showerhouse/shitter and an outdoor communal kitchen. Right now I'm fighting with the county to see if my land perks to see what kind of septic I need through a soil scientist, but I already have a shitter. Do I really need a septic for greywater? The county said they won't let me build a house on it unless I have "running water" whatever that means. Hopefully a water tower observatory will accomplish that.

Rytheric posted:

Right now I just shower at whereever I plug in for power. I rent a room at my boss's house that I've all but moved out of. After that I will shower at planet fitness until I figure out what to do with the murderhaus. I want a detached shower house, but state codes wants the shower integrated. Sounded like cubic Sucrose was going to look into that.

So an update for those playing along at home. Ry reached out to me on Discord and we discussed some details. First off, wanted to clarify that he does NOT need a mining permit. Secondly, I asked about legal representation (LJC is taking on new clients), but he's got that covered as well.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

esto es malo posted:

the best part is hes a goon because he was getting scammed by goons in a toilet game and was just too cool to not befriend

its not

Rytheric via Discord posted:

I just realized you were loving with me about a mining permit scam lol
I'm so gullible lol

Now that all that is cleared up, I wanted to share out the origin story for Rytheric, since not everyone plays or played Toilet Eve.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post508114683

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

Interior fire pit suffocater
I drive a box truck people immolater

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Rytheric posted:

So I dated this girl from my sophomore year of high school to my sophomore year of college.

...and thus I didn't date for the remaining 6 years of college.

Kaysette posted:

every sentence begs additional questions

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Accidental telescope, accidental expensive date, accidental musical instrument, accidental railroad project.

Place your bets on what accident will happen next.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Motronic posted:

There's a bunch of people being aggressively antagonistic though for no real reason other than they don't like what's goin on or being pissed their opinion isn't paramount. For one, just because Ry "isn't listening" to some rando rear end in a top hat on somethingawful.com doesn't mean he isn't listening to professionals because Ry has already stated he has asked professionals he works with and listens to what they say. Or maybe he isn't, but he really did plan to get that lawyer.

I mean he didn't really come here looking for your help, he's documenting his (mis)adventures because some people thought the forums would find it entertaining. So stop giving all of this land buying advice. You're bringing down the mood of the thread.

I appreciate you, Motronic. I mean, I was in general favor of "let OP construct how OP wants to construct" and I'm also generally in favor of "let OP buy land how OP wants to buy land," but your comment here was great.

Separately, you keep saying seller's agent but didn't you also say wholesaler? Those are...two different things...

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Drone posted:

The fastest bigpeelering there's ever been.

Was fun while it lasted, but unfortunately the eccentric poster who stole everyone's hearts turned out to just be unsalvageable.

Let's not give up so quickly. Zaurg got 10 years of attempts, I Ry is entitled to at least 2 or 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Thanks to this thread I learned the word "sconce" and can now stop using two syllables to say "wall light" like a dimwit.

This thread has taken a bit of a BFC turn alongside the "don't die" push. I'd like to bring this up again.

Rytheric posted:

Historically for the last 4 years Ive made between 40-70k a year with a potential of up to 90k a year depending on the projects and my willingness to be a construction materials tester (my average is 47k).

The TL:DR version. I make between 30-70k a year as an environmental consultant. My expenses are between 8k-12k a year.

Are your baseline expenses 8k per year unless you accidentally buy a telescope?

Even at the extreme ends - make 30k and spend 12k, you should be more than capable of not dying. You probably don't need to even sell the current truck, just find like...a place to live.