Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Johnny Truant posted:

this isn't a rabbithole, it's like a fuckin ant colony with crazy side tunnels you can still get lost in, and i'm here for it

It probably was something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnH-NPyhD0

I also don't think this would be a wise venture for someone whose philosophy is to ignore safety protocols and see WHY something is dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Voice of Labor posted:

lol, thanks for reminding me about the time I macguyvered a vibrator together for my g/f out of a broken playstation controller

I'm assuming that it turned out well given that you didn't write ex-g/f? Nice use of the dualshock, imho.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Just when I thought this thread was getting boring with construction talk, it pulls me back in with real property legal talk!

Lmao, dude, you need to get a lawyer. Property law is a bitch, especially real property where you've got to worry about title searches, legitimate deeds, and whatever zoning laws or local ordinances are involved. Your description of the property already raised a bunch of red flags, like having another house encroaching on the property. However, if you've got an agent trying to get money out of a poo poo contract who just tossed paper at you and loving bailed, then you should run and consider the money you've already spent as an expensive lesson on why buying property is hard.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rytheric posted:

Just spoke with a realtor. There appears to be one more complication. The owner of the land has a lien on it for the manuhome he put on it in 2014. Sounds like he would have to refinance it to exclude the part I want to buy. Then I'd have to combine two parcels when I buy it. The good news is that him having a loan means the bank didn't have issue with the border dispute. So I can probably piggyback off that.

Lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ry, dude, I want you to do a little metacognitive exercise right now.

Pretend that you just met me, Bogus Adventure---a goon on a dead gay forum, and I told you about my 2 year plan in life. I love spending money I don't have on expensive things, like cam girl private sessions and $3000 microscopes. I'm currently living in the back of a converted UPS truck and I've been bouncing from one spot in the United States to another. I'm working at a job for some shmohawk in Jacksonville who is renting me a parking space so that I can live in my truck. I decided to start playing Toilet EVE because it has a pretty robust economy, and I'm bad with money. I have decided to start stashing everything I earn in Traditional IRAs (the Roth name sounds scary---who is this ROTH who will be holding onto my money?) to help cut back on my impulse buying. Unfortunately, my UPS truck's engine just crapped out on me because I was running it during the night to pump nice, piping hot exhaust into the cabin to keep me warm at night. I was originally going to pull out about $4k to get the engine fixed, but I stumbled upon this ad for a piece of land that is ONLY $8k. It's next to a swamp, there's a dilapidated garage on it, and it turns out that the neighbor's pool is on the property. Score! I pulled $8k out of my IRAs so that I can buy up this land and park my truck. Unfortunately, there's all this additional testing that I've learned about that I have to do. And the seller just doubled the price to $16k. Oh, and the seller's agent just told me that the seller is a lying piece of poo poo. I really want that property, though. I pulled the money out---although I only have $6k left after buying a limited edition Hatsune Miku figurine.

Do I sound like someone who has his life in order?

I get that I'm tossing in a lot of hyperbole here, but you've got a lot of people here who are trying to help you. You started playing Toilet EVE to get better with money and you learned a valuable lesson: you're way too trusting. Fortunately, this was just a game, and the goons saw how sincere and naive you are that they let you in on the joke and gave you your stuff back. That is a teachable moment: take a step back and think critically about what is going on with your life. We get that you've got the truck and you're looking to find a place to call your own rather than renting a parking spot. However, buying property is A Big Responsibility, and grabbing the first cheap parcel you find isn't always the best move. In fact, it looks an awful lot like the impulse buying issue that you have admitted you have a problem with. The only difference here is that the legal process is slowing you down rather than allowing you to slap money into the seller's palm.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ry, I recommend listening to the motivational vignettes of Sean O'Haire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5LJvOt_8B0

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Methinks the OP is about to uncover more evidence that he does in fact have bones once the GroverTruk crushes them...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

endlessmonotony posted:

Does he have a spine though, or is this more an air sac thing?

Only one way to find out! Gotta perform a self-vivisection.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rytheric posted:

All those statements you highlighted are true. My rear shock is bent in. I do need to take off the front axles as I suspect the pivot bushings are bad. Things will make more sense when I post pictures give me 30 minutes

*frantically starts googling GroverTruk, bent shocks, and pivot bushings*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Suicide by car maintenance is a hell of a way to go

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Drone posted:

The new thread titles come hard and fast.

It's a rollercoaster of a read

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

PathAsc posted:

Ry, for the love of gently caress don't do the goddamn suspension poo poo yourself. I promise you'll be saving money in the long and short term by paying someone to do it right. I'm all for diy stuff, especially in the last 5 years or so. Just take truck to shop for this one.

You're about to have a new homegrown story for the GBS gore thread

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Nah, don't worry about the CO. It'll be a learning experience to prove whether or not your lungs rely on hemoglobin's ability to reversibly bond with O2 and CO2 and if CO irreversibly bonds with it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rytheric posted:

I have 3 modes of eating. Which I seem to cycle through.

1. Nothing but fresh fruits and veggies.
2. Huel
3. $20-$40 of kfc or bojangles a day.

None of these options require refrigeration, so I don't account for it. I've been fridge free for 4 years now.

Lmao

$20-$40 of fast food a day is just...

I mean, just lmao

At this point, I'm like 85-90% sure this is a bullshit story because I'd like to hope you aren't really this financially irresponsible. $20-40 on fast food, $3000 on telescopes, and $10k on a piece of piece of poo poo land! Borrowed from your 401k to boot!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Fermented Tinal posted:

GroverTruk: I also got scammed during this transaction

Fermented Tinal posted:

Fermented Tinal posted:

Fermented Tinal posted:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rytheric posted:

I was going to give the seller an extra $500 on top of what I gave him over the purchase price for being such a good fellow, but my girl friend at the time talked me out of it.

:ck5:L:ck5:

:ck5:M:ck5:

:ck5:A:ck5:

:ck5:O:ck5:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

beep-beep car is go posted:

Usually you get like 2 free cuts, then yeah it's $5 or so a cut.

But then you have to account for the $5 tip per cut

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rytheric posted:

Yeah. Im not going to discuss this topic further specifically not with anyone really except the police officers in my life.

Yeah, I'm going to echo PathAsc on this one:

PathAsc posted:

But goddamn do not talk to cops for legal advice unless you're dying to go to prison. They don't know the law.

Miranda Rights exist for a reason, and that reason is because cops can and will haul you in and look for a confession to close a case, and have no qualms doing that at 4AM in the morning while you are groggy and not in your right mind. Any 1L worth their salt will tell you that murder is not something you intend to do, but a legal definition that is determined in a court of law. Thanks to federalism and 50 different states, those definitions can have a wide range of exceptions and addendums. If you want a gun to protect your property, that is your choice. You just have to be willing to face the consequences that come from owning one while living in a truck.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Like, I can just imagine that RyTruk is a cop's wet dream ideal of "reasonable suspicion."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rytheric posted:

I get that. One time someone robbed a money order for rent out of my mail box and tried to extort me. I told the guy I didn't see why I should pay to get my money order back. So I reported it to the police, and the police were like heck yes we have something to use against the drug dealers in the complex. Well the drug lord living above me (this was when I lived in the drug den I moved into so my lady friend at the time could be closer to my drugs) rang up my workplace every 30 seconds until I could answer the phone to tell me who it was and who it wasn't because he was awaiting trial and didn't need the heat (he overheard the report on the police scanner). He commanded his lackey to give it back to me, but we never crossed paths. However when I got home I put cameras on my car because I expected retaliation. While I was testing the recording on of the higher ups in the organization came out and was like did my boy give you your money order back, and I was like you mean you boy xxx. And he was like yeah my boy xx who took your money order he is suppose to give it back.

Anyway I took that recording and other evidence I collected to the police station who called out the investigator. The investigator drove up to the station, didn't even get out of his car, and just yelled at me for interfering with their investigation without taking anything I collected.

As soon as I got home. The drug lord started pounding on my car window and stuffed my money order through the crack in my door shouting here's your money order we want no trouble here.

Later when the pizza joint I worked out burnt down I repaid him in kind with like 20 2L of soda and other things we recovered from the store.

Still it was annoying that the cop chose to yell at me and no take my evidence when he was excited before. Turned out he was a crooked cop down the road and was selling stuff in another town.

Just want to highlight this part

Rytheric posted:

(this was when I lived in the drug den I moved into so my lady friend at the time could be closer to my drugs)

Reading that in conjunction with this:

Rytheric posted:

That was what the people in town called him. He ran most the prescription drugs throughout the town. Things like meth were handled by another person. My apartment complex was burnt down during a dispute between the two as the "drug lord" tried to take over the meth trade as well.

Is starting to explain a lot

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I want to echo this:

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

RyGuy, on some level, I respect your desire to fend for yourself and forge from nothing, but you need to address a lot of other things in your life first before you can adequately handle these projects you're hoping to take on, including this truck of yours.

Please re-evaluate your living situation, so you can learn how to maintain a healthy diet. Otherwise, you aren't even going to get the opportunity to Timberframe, because you are going to drop dead for unrelated reasons. You have existing health conditions that need to be managed, and living out of a truck (that's homelessness) and eating fast food is not managing these conditions.

You have what sounds like a stable job with good income and health insurance, and that is far more than many people in this country and many people who browse these forums have. Please don't waste it.

Rent an apartment with a kitchen, talk to your doctor about your existing conditions, learn how to eat (check out the cooking subforum), figure out if your health insurance will allow you to speak to a mental health professional.

Please, no one wants you to die, and we're willing to help if you're willing to listen.

I understand the desire to have your own home that is yours as opposed to an apartment. It's a good goal to have. However, there is nothing wrong with renting an apartment in the meantime. You'll have your own kitchen, your own bath and shower, a place to build your MurderHouse model, and a safe spot to sleep at night. The money you pay toward rent might seem like a waste, but think of it more as an expense that allows you to cut back on costs like buying gas to run your truck to recharge your battery or purchasing fast food because you don't have a place to store or cook cheaper, healthier alternatives. It will serve you better than living in the truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Miloshe posted:

I think with the maturation of the forums you'll agree this is no longer about conversing with Ry but rather warning the few people reading this thinking, "this guy might be on to something!"

Given that Ry is still engaging with us, I'm hoping it's both.