Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Digital Prophet posted:

I made a :grovertruk: but I already bought ads and I'm not going to buy a smilie also.

I was going to buy :grovertruk: but holy gently caress, $30? That's awful loving steep, nothing else other than a banner ad costs more than $10.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rytheric posted:

Going by the folk lore that an acre is the amount a person can scythe grass for in a day (debating whether im scything or not) the 3/4th acre may be fine for me for starters. Once I am confident I can manage 3/4th acres I will move on to larger land. If this deal falls through I may be buying 1-3 acres anyway.

Note that this folklore measurement is if you're scything from sunup to sundown.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

D-LINK posted:

4 timber tiny buildings is an extremely interesting concept if you think about it. What you want is to do the hard parts of a job 4 times (ie; erecting the first 3 timbers), and only with hand tools and rope & pulleys

Personally, a small 4-timber cottage is extremely appealing in concept.

Ry is going about it in pretty much every wrong way possible.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Reminder: :munch:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Everett False posted:

I don't know if "goon in a well" really applies when the goon in question isn't actually asking for advice on getting out of the well.

This is more like, some goons saw Ry lowering himself into a well and when they asked what the gently caress he said, "idk man, I like the vibe". Then they invited more goons to come see this dude in the well, and some of those goons said, "Why are you digging? That's not going to get you out of the well!" but Ry was like, "I just figured I'd make more room, I'm not trying to get out, I'm vibin." Other goons said, "There are legitimate safety concerns involved in being in a well" and Ry went "idk man this well has been here for a while" and when they said, "Yeah but now you've dug a room under it, also it might start to get moldy" he went, "Hm... I hadn't considered mold." Meanwhile there's a contingent of goons saying, "There is no good reason to dig yourself a room under a well, this is stupid, you shouldn't have done it, and there's no way you're going to be able to stay down there assuming you even did any digging down there at all, which I assume you didn't, because that would be stupid." To which Ry shrugged and said, "It seems fine so far, I guess we'll see how it goes. Do you want to see my new telescope? I'm thinking about turning it into a periscope so I can see out of the well without pulling myself up the bucket pulley system I built out of zipties."

:haibrower:

Rytheric posted:

All the being said. A wrench has been throw in the plan because the owner said he re-evaluated the land and now wants $20,000. I'm evaluating if I want to accept that. I was originally going to accept that when I was going to be buying it from the seller so now it's back up to the original cost. I told the seller about the owner doubling the price and he said that the owner is an a-hole and is a waste of time. The owner is justifying the price change by saying that the seller didn't give him time to get the paperwork together for a proper valuation and that the work he doesn't want to lose out on what he wasted on seeing if the land perked or not and the taxes he has paid over time and that the tax value for one property is 10k and they expect the value of the other property to be the same. Once it's cut off. (I imagine it's only 5k though)

My boss is telling me to walk and so are the geese whom I hold dear. Many are saying he is just trying to see how much he could get out of me. Unfortunately I have become somewhat emotionally attached to the property. The former seller is saying that the valuation is whatever yall decide upon regardless of the tax value and if I see value in it at 20k then go for it.

Perkable land across the rail tracks from the property is going for 16k for half the acreage, but I think the powerlines take up too much of the property and it doesn't have a well or pre-approved privys.

I also have an option of 3 acres near a different lake (would have to move my sailboat) for $6000 but i would have to go through the perc process there too for $3000 and it doesn't have a road but an easement that goes through 4 properties so it's got issues too.

I'm the kind of guy who just wants to buy the property and be done with it and just accept the consequences and salvage what I can out of my purchase. So I'm inclined to buy it anyway.

Edit: he told me to dwell on it for a week and then get back to him.

Walk. Focus on GroverTruk for now.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 25, 2021

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rytheric posted:

it was $2000, and that is on a payment plan through a random loan shark.

:magical:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

sell grovertruk for scrap

return your three thousand dollar loving telescope what the gently caress

don't buy land, buy a retired ambulance and build grovertruk mk2 in it

Rytheric posted:

Co2 also comes out the exhaust too right? So I mean there's that. Id be more concerned of that being more likely given co is a byproduct of incomplete combustion where as I'd hope there would be more complete combustion than incomplete.

breathing in both of these things are bad for you, you moron

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rytheric posted:

I meant one is more likely to happen. Co is like a sometimes snack that happens while co2 will always happen. That's why I'm less concerned about it. Why would I worry about a gas that is only sometimes produced when I rarely run the engine while im inside. That makes the chances of it being an issue rather slim in my mind. Like less than a handful of chances per winter. Perhaps I'm over analyzing it though. Regardless I will restore the exhaust to start going out the side at the rear like it did initially.

no, moron, i'm not even a car nerd and i know that CO is a product of car exhaust and is loving bad for you. gasoline almost never combusts completely, this is why there is always carbon monoxide in the exhaust from an engine!

jesus christ, i was here for the funny hijinx as you build yourself the redneck-est camper truck ever, not for you to die in your sleep when your CPAP fills your lungs with the exhaust from your truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:suspense: